(#11 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-18-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
At present, food prices are probably a little higher than normal because of the earthquake and tsunami.
I haven't noticed any change at all, really.
Prices fluctuate every year, and this year is no different. There are a few things that are more expensive, a few things that are cheaper, but most things haven't changed perceptibly.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
jollylopeez (Offline)
New to JF

08-25-2011, 06:21 AM

Yes even i don't think it changes a lot rather some of the things get cheaper due to tsunami. So that people can afford it. Some of the changes are happened in every year but that is not the issue if it is good for health then every body take it!!!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Nebelherz (Offline)
JF Regular

10-02-2011, 02:05 PM

I think Japanese eat more vegetables, when I just see what you may can buy in Japan, for fast food, and what you can buy here, then it`s no wonder, that Japanese lifes healthier. Here, when I want buy something fast to eat, you will find hardly any vegetable stuff, mostly stuff high in carbs and fat. (Only vegetable thing is maybe some salads.)
I mean just buying a bento-box have vegetables in it. And I`m sure you will find much more stuff with vegetables in Japan.

I think expansive food doesn`t stopped one from eating much... (I think food is expensive here too, and it seems I do eat too much..)
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Maddie (Offline)
New to JF

10-11-2011, 09:17 AM

Not all Japanese food is healthy. Mo chi is not very healthy nor is tempura anything. The items you think of are prepared with less frying than fast food or country cooking. No cheese is another big factor in making a diet healthier. There is not the portion distortion found in most American cooking. Fish is fantastic, especially when fresh and left plain so its natural flavors rule.

healthy food : Eating is always a decision, nobody forces your hand to pick up food and put it into your mouth.
celeb style : Fashions fade, style is eternal