JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Niyusu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Mos Burger to change burgers, buns, and offer coupons - 04-13-2007, 03:32 PM

Japan's MOS Burger will start a major campaign on Friday to try to win back customers who have drifted away in the increasingly competitive Japanese fast food industry.

MOS announced that it will start using a mixture of ground beef and pork in most of its meat patties, replacing the 100-percent Australian beef it has been using since 1997. MOS will also change its buns from whole wheat to white and for the first time, will offer discount coupons.

Source: MOS Burger Makeover - Japan Times

MOS Burger is losing customers to McDonald's so they are trying to make some changes to see if they can get people back.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
04-13-2007, 03:36 PM

Lol, this is certainly most interesting... I don't know who to support XD

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Rikku777 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Rikku777
04-13-2007, 03:44 PM

No kidding...McD's food is gross, but they do do that monopoly game every year.... Hmmmm, better food or monopoly......

I can live without good food, lol, I think I'll go with 3rd-rate food and say McD's Go monopoly!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
dortorb (Offline)
New to JF

McDonald's - 04-13-2007, 04:50 PM

I was actually on Okinawa in 1976 when the first ever McDonald's opened there on Raromi Street. My friends and went on Grand Openning Day and stood in line for hours for a Big Mac...um good...at least back than after not having one for a long time.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Abasio (Offline)
徐世普真義留

04-13-2007, 05:09 PM

I will never eat at Mos Burger

the one nearest my house looked like a god send but no. There they employed scaley hands man. Yes a man with a horrible skin disease where his skin was just peeling off. Did he wear gloves, no he didn't. He was making burgers with his disgustingly flakey hands with no gloves.
I watched in horror as he made my burger & saw bits of his skin fall into it. I politely said to the counter staff in my best japanese. If you think I'm going to pay for that you are very much mistaken. That is gross I'm never coming back here again

and I never did.

Boycott MOS burger!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
04-13-2007, 05:13 PM

*cough* Now i've just lost my appetite =/

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

04-16-2007, 04:50 AM

MOS burger is far better than McD's as long as you don't have a leper preparing your burger. I am quite sad to hear that they are going to screw up things. Beef and pork mixed burgers? WTF? If they want more business why don't they just lower their prices? It's all good though, everyone knows Freshness Burger is the hamburger king anyways.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

04-16-2007, 04:56 AM

Ohhh why are they changing that... I like their whole wheat buns

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer."
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Abasio (Offline)
徐世普真義留

04-16-2007, 01:58 PM

The best Burger Chain in Japan is Qua Aina
The Hawaiian burger chain.
It's
They have, for 750 yen a huge beer, fries & onion rings!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
04-16-2007, 05:00 PM

I never eat the hamburgers, so I wouldn`t know (and don`t really care) if they change them. I hate hamburgers to begin with. But I do understand the change to mixed. Try making a hamburger at home out of 100% beef, and see how much trouble it is to keep it from drying out, etc while cooking it. Make the exact same thing with mixed, and not only is it generally softer and juicier, but it usually tastes better.

I love Mos because of all the cool different seasonal things they offer. If they continue offering them, I`ll be thrilled. Like the フォカッチョ they have in the winter, and the nan things they had last summer... The rice and salad "burgers" on their regular menu are really good too.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.