JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

What was The First Japanese Dish You Cooked? - 09-19-2011, 11:18 PM

I wanna start cookin' up Japanese dishes for the family! So I'd like some simple recipie reccomandations.

Please and thank you!

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
erikalala (Offline)
New to JF

09-20-2011, 02:54 AM

My first Japanese Dish that I cooked is the very easy Tamago-yaki Recipe.A delightful little Japanese egg roll omelette..

Ingredients:
4 eggs
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp mirin
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp light soy sauce
Vegetable oil for swabbing
Directions:
A proper rectangular egg pan would be best for this but a small circular non-stick pan would suffice as well.

1. Heat the pan to medium heat, and then swab it with an oiled cloth so that there's a very thin film of oil.

2. Pour in small portion of the egg mixture and tilt the pan until the egg covers the entire pan evenly. Break any air bubbles that appear, then while the egg is still slightly runny in the center, tilt the pan towards you and use a pair of chopsticks or spatula to roll the far side of the egg towards you.

3. Move the rolled up egg to the far side and oil the pan lightly again. Pour in another portion of the egg mixture and spread it evenly across the pan, lifting up the egg roll to let some of the raw egg mixture to go underneath.

4. Repeat the same procedure of steps 1 to 3 again until all of the egg mixture is used up.

5. Remove the egg roll from the pan and place on a bamboo mat to wrap up and shape the roll. Leave to rest for a few minutes, then unwrap and cut it up into thick slices a few fingers wide to serve.

Enjoy
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Nebelherz (Offline)
JF Regular

10-02-2011, 02:17 PM

I think Sushi was also my first Japanese dish, I cooked. I think it was ok, but it tastes to much of vinegar. And I can`t make the rice prober, it doesn`t stick together and falls apart... What have to do, that rice sticks togehter?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

10-05-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebelherz View Post
I think Sushi was also my first Japanese dish, I cooked. I think it was ok, but it tastes to much of vinegar. And I can`t make the rice prober, it doesn`t stick together and falls apart... What have to do, that rice sticks togehter?
I think use less water .. .or more water . . I know it's the water amount that usualy helps.

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.