JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
tazzy (Offline)
JF Regular

how bad for you is gyudon? - 09-29-2011, 09:18 AM

I've noticed I'm eating gyudon a lot lately, there's a sukiya near my house and when I get in from work I just don't want to cook...- I'm bad at it anyway.
My japanese friends are quite horrified and go on about how bad for me this is.
It is fast food yet....its just rice and beef and soy sauce innit? Just how bad for you is it? As bad as mcdonalds?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-29-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzy View Post
I've noticed I'm eating gyudon a lot lately, there's a sukiya near my house and when I get in from work I just don't want to cook...- I'm bad at it anyway.
It is fast food yet....its just rice and beef and soy sauce innit? Just how bad for you is it? As bad as mcdonalds?
It's a butt tonne of carb calories with a lot of salt from the soy, cheap fatty beef and no vegetables. It's not as bad as a deep-fried mars bar, but it's not health food either, and yes, it may well contain as much fat and salt and, yes, -sugar- as Mc Donalds.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-29-2011, 08:33 PM

Subway's a ripoff everywhere. We ordered two rolls,and it seemed to be good service so I thought ''Oh maybe in Japan it's alright'' but no,we only had the one!

Being a vegetarian when I have a McDonalds I just have chips,diet coke or a milkshake,and a veggie burger if I'm in a country where such a thing exists,which I suppose makes the biggest difference. It seems like they'll never shave off their unhealthy image despite the ''They don't do bagels!'' adverts.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
kraft021 (Offline)
New to JF

09-29-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzy View Post
By looking at nutrition facts from sukiya and mcDonalds, eating gyudon seems not as bad as eating hamburgers all the time. Yea, but Columbine is right. More vegetables need to be added to your diet.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

10-14-2011, 04:54 AM

@tazzy

How come you never even acknowledge others' efforts to answer your questions?

Your Japanese proficiency shall be in direct proportion
to your true interest in the Japanese Mind.