JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Jeshire (Offline)
New to JF

Question Japanese Kit-Kats and Other Snacks - 11-03-2011, 04:44 PM

So, I've looked, and looked everywhere...
Does ANYONE know where I might be able to find these things like Green Tea Kit-Kats and the Doritos flavors exclusive to Japan in America, without going online?
Perhaps someplace like Daiso would carry them? Though, I've checked the Daiso at the mall... the best I can find are American-made shrimp-flavored chips.
Help?

-クリスタル
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-03-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeshire View Post
So, I've looked, and looked everywhere...
Does ANYONE know where I might be able to find these things like Green Tea Kit-Kats and the Doritos flavors exclusive to Japan in America, without going online?
Perhaps someplace like Daiso would carry them? Though, I've checked the Daiso at the mall... the best I can find are American-made shrimp-flavored chips.
Help?
Where are you? If you are in the NorthWest you could try Uwajimaya stores.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Jeshire (Offline)
New to JF

11-03-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Where are you? If you are in the NorthWest you could try Uwajimaya stores.
I've never heard of them!
But, yes, I'm about as northwest as it gets in america, in Washington state. Do they maybe have a website, perhaps with a store locator?

-クリスタル
(#4 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-03-2011, 05:10 PM

....or in Southern California, New Jersey and Illinois you can try Mitsuwa Marketplace....
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-03-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeshire View Post
I've never heard of them!
But, yes, I'm about as northwest as it gets in america, in Washington state. Do they maybe have a website, perhaps with a store locator?
Uwajimaya

It is a little hard for me to believe you are interested in Japan, live in Washington State and have never heard of Uwajimaya. There are three stores in the Seattle area.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
kakurenbo (Offline)
New to JF

11-03-2011, 05:56 PM

There are 2 Ranch Markets in Washington.

99 RANCH MARKET
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Jeshire (Offline)
New to JF

11-03-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Uwajimaya

It is a little hard for me to believe you are interested in Japan, live in Washington State and have never heard of Uwajimaya. There are three stores in the Seattle area.
I'll admit I don't get out much. =P

Thank you guys, I'll be sure to check these places out!

-クリスタル
(#8 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-03-2011, 06:54 PM

I wish England had somewhere like that Uwajimaya store!

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#9 (permalink))
Old
HempFandango (Offline)
New to JF

11-26-2011, 05:18 AM

So I pretty much decided to create an account because I've been searching for these ever since moving to western WA. I actually just got back from the Uwajimaya store on 5th Ave. in Seattle and I couldn't find any Kit Kats there (minus the regular, chocolate kind). I've looked around a few other small Japanese stores around Westlake and Pike Place before. There's even a giant Korean store near me called H-Mart that I tried and couldn't find anything.

There's a lot of cool stuff in all those places, but what I've always wanted to try were the Japanese Kit Kat flavors...I'm trying to keep my hopes up.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

11-26-2011, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HempFandango View Post
So I pretty much decided to create an account because I've been searching for these ever since moving to western WA. I actually just got back from the Uwajimaya store on 5th Ave. in Seattle and I couldn't find any Kit Kats there (minus the regular, chocolate kind). I've looked around a few other small Japanese stores around Westlake and Pike Place before. There's even a giant Korean store near me called H-Mart that I tried and couldn't find anything.

There's a lot of cool stuff in all those places, but what I've always wanted to try were the Japanese Kit Kat flavors...I'm trying to keep my hopes up.
What those who live outside of Japan do not realize is that these "special" flavors are almost always either for "a limited time only" or "region-restricted". Most of us Japanese do not buy these for the flavors, but do so for new conversation topics.

Try making friends with someone who resides in Japan and you will hopefully be able to try some of these. And there will always be new flavors because that is what the Japanese consumers demand --- "new things".

KIT KAT BREAKTOWN |ネスレ キットカット ブレイクタウン|製品情報
ネスレ キットカット 夕張メロン 4箱

Your Japanese proficiency shall be in direct proportion
to your true interest in the Japanese Mind.