JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Food (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-food/)
-   -   Japanese Cooking and Recipes (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-food/4420-japanese-cooking-recipes.html)

BakaCrisis 05-09-2008 08:18 PM

Japanese Recipes
Shumai
Also known as gyoza.
24 wonton skins
300 g lean ground beef
2 tbsp fresh grated ginger root
2 tbsp finely chopped green onion
1 tbsp soy sauce
½ tsp sugar
1½ tbsp sesame oil
2½ tbsp corn starch
2 tbsp green peas
Mix ginger root, onion, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and corn starch and add the mix to
the lean ground beef. Stir and mix well until the mixture becomes sticky. Divide into 22-
24 fillings and place on the center of the wonton skins. Forn the wonton skins into
"bowls" with flat bottoms. Place a geen pea on the center of the filling. Steam 12-14
minutes over high heat.
The skins may also be seald in shaped into "half moons". Deep-fry in oil (180°C) until
golden.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~

BakaCrisis 05-09-2008 08:18 PM

Ah, I'm sorry and my favorite... Yaki Soba

Yakisoba
Ingredients:
* 3 packages yakisoba noodles
* 1 carrot
* 1/4 of a small cabbage
* 1/4 pound pork
* 1/3 cup yakisoba sauce
*or seasoning packages which come with yakisoba noodles
* Beni-shoga (red ginger)
* Ao-nori (green seaweed)
How to Cook:
1. Cut the cabbage, carrot, and pork into bite sizes.
2. Saute cabbage, carrot, and pork in a large frying pan.
3. Add yakisoba noodles in the pan.
4. Put 1/2 cup of water in the pan and cover it with a lid.
5. Take the lid off and add yakisoba seasoning mix or yakisoba sauce.
6. Stir the noodles well and fry them for a few minutes.
7. Sprinkle aonori, and beni-shoga over the noodles before serving.
*Makes 4 servings
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~

jolybird 05-18-2008 05:36 AM

hi

hi let me see the links to download ya:ywave: :ywave: :ywave:

KaniaShikoku 06-16-2008 05:11 PM

Shojo Beat Recipes

Have you ever tried looking in Shojo Beat magazines for recipes? they give quick and easy recipes for beginners.

Simonerenge 06-21-2008 05:38 AM

how do u make stalk? plz pm me i dont real check threads:ywave:

Simonerenge 06-21-2008 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FFrikku (Post 166357)
im looking for yummy japanese snack and meals that i can make at home preferably not sashimi and sushi (i buy that at the store) but more like...things i can make without burning down my house. my mom's getting a little annoyed that all i eat is pocky and yan-yan.
also- any good school food ideas that wont spoil to quickly? i brown-bag to school

I eat pocky 2 my mom gets mad at me cause i eat it every "5 seconds" or so SHE says:vsign:

Simonerenge 06-21-2008 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FFrikku (Post 168326)
i boil water and cook the noodles from the package (instant ramen; nice and cheap!) for about 8 minutes, then drain the water and pack it into a thermos so it stays warm till lunch. my friend's dad owns a japanese resturant, so she gets to bring sushi but she eats it all and usually has something i dont like. she did bring onigiri one day! oishii desu!!

wat is this onigri u speak of :confused:

Simonerenge 06-21-2008 05:58 AM

I want 2 kno how 2 make pocky cananybody give me recipes perferable more then 1
origato:ywave:

TalnSG 06-22-2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simonerenge (Post 518818)
I want 2 kno how 2 make pocky cananybody give me recipes perferable more then 1
origato:ywave:

I can't imagine making your own pocky. Its so cheap and there area thons of flavors in most Aisan grocery stores. You don't even need to be able to read the labels, just look at the pictures. But the flavors are also written in english.

I've never seen a recipe for it, but my guess is that by the time you gathered the ingredients you will spend far more than just buying it retail, unless you are going to make a couple thousand sticks.

Jeshika 06-26-2008 03:28 PM

This is my absolute FAVORITE recipe! Curry is my favorite food, and I thought I'd share this recipe I found online. If I'm allowed to post the link, I will, but for now here's the actual recipe. Give it a try!

I personally don't use meat when I make this, but I love Chicken in my curry.

* 1 lb ground beef
* 4 medium potatoes, diced
* 3 carrots, diced
* 1 onion, diced
* 2 cloves garlic
* 4 C water
* 2 chicken or beef boullion cubes
* 5 Tbsp vegetable oil
* 1/4 C flour
* 4 Tbsp curry powder
* 1 tsp chili powder (optional)
* 2 Tsp salt (or to taste)
* 2 C short grain rice
* 4 C water

Directions

1. In a large pot, heat 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil. Saute onion and garlic until softened.
2. Add the ground beef and cook until it is no longer pink.
3. Add the carrots and potatoes, stir a few times, and then add the water and boullion.
4. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
5. While the meat is cooking, make a roux out of the remaining 3 Tbsp oil and the flour: heat oil in a medium skillet until shimmering. Over low-medium heat, add flour and stir, cooking until the flour is blended and takes on a pale golden hue.
6. Add curry powder and chili powder, using the back of the spatula to blend it into the roux. The mixture will be powdery and dry.
7. Take 1/2 C of the hot liquid from the meat pot and slowly add it to the curry-roux mixture, stiring constantly to form a smooth paste.
8. By spoonfuls, add the curry paste back to the beef mixture, stirring to dissolve.
9. Add salt.
10. Simmer the curry for 20-30 minutes, until the sauce has thickened and the beef and vegetables are tender.
11. While curry is finishing up, bring rice and water to a boil in a pot, immediately reduce heat to low, cover the pot with its lid, and cook for 20 minutes.
12. Serve curry with rice in shallow bowls. There should be approximately twice as much curry as rice in the bowl.
13. Notes:
14. 1) Curry mixes vary in ingredients and intensity, so adjust the spices accordingly.
15. 2) Like a stew, there should be a lot of sauce, so if the curry is too dry, add more water.