LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Niikura (Offline)
J-Rock Enthusiast

06-13-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riiko View Post
Has anyone heard of Pocky? It's a Japanese sweet. It's kinda like sweetened biscuit sticks dipped in chocolate. They're pretty good. ^^ I like 'em. I wanted to try them 'cuz I've seen them a couple times in manga and stuff, and I finally got my chance! ^^ There are different flavors of Pocky, though. I wanna try the strawberry ones....
Yeah, I've tried pocky and they taste great!^^ The ones I tried was actually strawberry, and they were pretty good^^ Haha, they were actually Hello Kitty Pockys...xD Too cute!^^

Experience the greatness of J-Rock
(#12 (permalink))
Old
xvalilix (Offline)
New to JF

06-13-2007, 03:49 PM

Ha, Pocky exists since very long, and I know those since little. You can easily find it in China Town.(Well at least, chinatown of my place) but there should be in any chinatown, or even any asian grocery. BUT warning, NOW Glico -the pocky company- have a company in thailand too, so when you eat Pocky check on the box if it's made in thailand or japan, if it's made in thailand, well, it doesn't taste as good as the japanese one, the cream taste like more greasy. I personally didn't like it. Maybe you won't notice the difference, but i did.

@ Riiko : the strawberry one are really good !!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Tsukiya (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Tsukiya Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukiya
06-16-2007, 10:03 PM

Yeah, I've noticed that.
I only eat Japanese Pocky because of that.

I'm kinda interested in other foods in Japan too. I'd love to know where I could get some good recipies.

Hôjô Ujimasa
1538-1590

Autumn wind of eve,
blow away the clouds that mass
over the moon's pure light
and the mists that cloud our mind,
do thou sweep away as well.
Now we disappear,
well, what must we think of it?
From the sky we came.
Now we may go back again.
That's at least one point of view.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

06-25-2007, 04:18 AM

I've been eating Pocky for over 35 years, and there has never been a better time than today for a greater variety in its flavors. My friends in North America complain that they can only find the regular chocolate and strawberry flavors where they live. But here in Japan, you can find over a dozen flavors throughout the year. My biggest favorite has been the Cheesecake, which Glico seems to produce only in the summer. The flavor line-up currently available in Japan can been seen on http://pocky.jp/products/index.html Riiko mentioned the Strawberry and I assume that she meant the regular strawberry. I recommend, however, the Tsubutsubu Strawberry, which comes with bits of real dried strawberries in the coating, whereas the regular strawberry is only coated with artificially flavored strawberry cream. I hope Tsubutsubu is available where you live.. Well, talking about this has made me hungry. I need to go to the corner store to get a pack of Pocky Men's (the chocolate coating is bitterer on Men's than on regular Pocky Chocolate). One last thing. Someone has mentioned the "Hello Kitty Pocky", but it is not called Pocky because it's not produced by Glico.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Sakaru (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Sakaru Send a message via MSN to Sakaru Send a message via Yahoo to Sakaru
Sushi - 06-25-2007, 05:57 AM

Sushi is still my favorite of all, I work at a Japanese Grill and sushi bar, so i've eaten many japanese food, I would suggest Miso Soup, Tepann-Yaki, and Soba, but my favorite over all is still good ole Sushi.

Lets Tell Our Secrets To Each Other
I love you JF'ers!
(#16 (permalink))
Old
vulgarshudder (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-25-2007, 07:15 AM

zaru soba (cold buckwheat noodles with dipping sauce) with some inari zushi is my favourite in summer

winter I like to have nabe (what ever you like hot pot).

おれんとこ来ないか?