JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

amazake - 10-17-2011, 06:09 PM

Does anyone know where I can get Amazake in Toronto? Or know of an online shopping site that sells amazake? I've been trying for years looking for htis stuff and can't find anyone that have it here in Toronto
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JustaJ (Offline)
New to JF

10-18-2011, 01:28 AM

I've never tried to find amazake in Toronto, but have you tried Sanko foods (http://www.toronto-sanko.com/)? It's been a while since I've been there, but they import quite a bit of Japanese food, they may have something. Not sure though.

Another place I guess you could try is Heisei Mart in the J-Town mall (http://www.jtown.ca/English/index_e.shtml). I've never been there. I used to live around that area but moved before that place opened up and I haven't had a reason to go there.

You could probably give those places a call just so you don't waste your time going out there just to find out they don't have it. If you've already tried these places, my apologies. Good luck in your search.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
10-18-2011, 07:31 AM

I can`t give a recommendation for a store, but you might have luck buying the instant dried version online. Actual cans of the stuff would be incredibly expensive to send, but powdered would not be that heavy so easier to order.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
drsassafras (Offline)
New to JF

02-22-2012, 03:27 PM

You can get it from a health food store. I saw some in the big carrot this past week. Other larger health food stores like noahs will also probably carry it.