View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Anubis_Jill (Offline)
Aishiteru

Send a message via ICQ to Anubis_Jill Send a message via AIM to Anubis_Jill Send a message via MSN to Anubis_Jill
Thumbs up Sushimi!!! <3<3 - 11-08-2006, 03:52 PM

sushi!!! I love it so very much!! ((I was raised in Californian coast too)) SO I really enjoy seafood. ^^ Plus there is oobers of Japanese cuisine there!! Lining the whole coast. =D
I loveee sushi. I like crab meat with cucumber and sesami seed wrapped in seaweed with orange flavoring. <3<3 so sweet!!

"BaKa Mo IcHi-GeI..."
"Even a fool has one talent..."
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

11-08-2006, 04:02 PM

Yeah, sushi was good I have only tried it a few times but I like it. I believe in Japan you have to eat the sushi with just one bite. Is that right? Most sushi I have seen was cylinder in shape. Oh yeah, what is that red/pinkish dip/paste served with it? I know the green paste is wasabi.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Avary_Ninja (Offline)
Semi-competent Ninja

11-08-2006, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
Yeah, sushi was good I have only tried it a few times but I like it. I believe in Japan you have to eat the sushi with just one bite. Is that right? Most sushi I have seen was cylinder in shape. Oh yeah, what is that red/pinkish dip/paste served with it? I know the green paste is wasabi.
I believe you are referring to gari. Gari is thin slices of pickled ginger. In between each sushi you take a bite of gari and then a sip of sake or tea. This cleanses the palate and removes all taste from the previous sushi, so you get the full taste out of the next one.

Neat ^_^

"Men, I do not order you to fight; I order you to die". ~ Mustapha Kemal at the Battle of Gallipoli
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Avary_Ninja (Offline)
Semi-competent Ninja

11-09-2006, 04:03 PM

I taught my brother and his girlfriend how to make sushi. After showing how to cook the rice, prepare sushi su, cut the fish and ingredients, prepare wasabi and roll maki, this is the result of their efforts :

There are maki, nigiri, and temaki sushi in this setup. As you can see it was their first attempt and the maki fillings are not centered. Still delicious though ^_^

Making your own sushi is a whole lot less expensive than going to sushi-ya or buying them at the store, so for the same price you can make more and eat sushi more often. It's also more satisfying.

However I always buy sushi from Bento Nouveau when the sushi girl is making maki. She has sush a nice smile ^^;

"Men, I do not order you to fight; I order you to die". ~ Mustapha Kemal at the Battle of Gallipoli
(#15 (permalink))
Old
maks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-09-2006, 04:04 PM

very tasty.....*getting hungry already*....

(#16 (permalink))
Old
風林火山

11-09-2006, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avary_Ninja View Post
I believe you are referring to gari. Gari is thin slices of pickled ginger. In between each sushi you take a bite of gari and then a sip of sake or tea. This cleanses the palate and removes all taste from the previous sushi, so you get the full taste out of the next one.

Neat ^_^
Thats is really neat. I had no idea that's what it was for. But now I know. So next time I eat sushi I'll know how it eat it properly.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Avary_Ninja (Offline)
Semi-competent Ninja

11-10-2006, 03:42 PM

Nigiri

Maki

Sashimi

(#18 (permalink))
Old
Ayame90 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-10-2006, 05:27 PM

Sounds delish. I'm a sushi eater myself and i don't get along too well with the people who dis SUSHI!!!!!!!!!!

The pic added goes to the ones whose ideas are in a box, to the ones who don't give respect to the one who doesn't fit in that box, stereotying one as I am. You'll soon learn your mistake in not getting the chance, because of Your Error to get to know as others have gotten to know, love, respect, and appreciate me for who I am and not for what you aim to make me.

あしゅり
のえる
(#19 (permalink))
Old
風林火山

11-10-2006, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avary_Ninja View Post

Nigiri

Maki

Sashimi
Nigiri looks really good... Actually they all look tasty.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Avary_Ninja (Offline)
Semi-competent Ninja

11-10-2006, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
Nigiri looks really good... Actually they all look tasty.
Those nigiri are unagi, broiled eel in sweet sauce ^_^ *drools*