JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Food (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-food/)
-   -   McDonald's Japan to open McCafe in Tokyo (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-food/6019-mcdonalds-japan-open-mccafe-tokyo.html)

Niyusu 07-13-2007 05:10 PM

McDonald's Japan to open McCafe in Tokyo

McDonald's is set to take on Starbucks in Japan with a new chain of coffee shops brewing up bargain lattes, the fast food chain said Thursday.

The Japan unit of U.S.-based McDonald's Corp. will launch 15 pilot "McCafe" stores in the Tokyo area on August 29, according to a company release.

McDonald's Japan to open coffee chain in August | IHT

zerojustice315 07-13-2007 08:08 PM

That's hot.

HIalchemist 07-14-2007 02:09 PM

McD's will win.

Excessum 07-14-2007 02:58 PM

NO NO NO!!! Japanese popular culture has been contaminated with the junk food too much already... youngsters don't eat sushi, they prefer the unhealthy hamburger instead T_T

Aleesunz 07-14-2007 03:42 PM

Pfft. As if McDs would beat Starbucks.

Too many scenesters go their to look "cool" and the rest of people go there to look "classy."

At least over here anywas.

Costas ftw

HIalchemist 07-14-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excessum (Post 178341)
NO NO NO!!! Japanese popular culture has been contaminated with the junk food too much already... youngsters don't eat sushi, they prefer the unhealthy hamburger instead T_T

yeah but still you have the cute lover who makes her sweetheart a bento box full of sushi...

Kanji_The_Wanderer 07-15-2007 03:29 AM

Don't they have such high metabolsim that it doesn't really matter what they eat? They just burn it all off and get hungry again quick.

Hatredcopter 07-15-2007 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excessum (Post 178341)

Welcome to Japan. They also have their own junkfood -- stuff that hasn't been brought in from the USA or elsewhere.

By the way, sushi is really only eaten occasionally in Japan. Usually for special events/occasions. It's not like they just scarf them down on a daily basis.

Quote:

Don't they have such high metabolsim that it doesn't really matter what they eat? They just burn it all off and get hungry again quick.
No, Japan is getting fatter by the day. They do probably have better metabolism than your average westerner, but adult Japanese typically lead unhealthy lives when it comes to food choice, alcohol, cigarettes, etc.

HIalchemist 07-15-2007 04:02 PM

when I went to okinawa they had strawberry kit-kat,and weird flavored gummy treats.:mtongue: licking good.:vsign:

gn1225 07-15-2007 04:05 PM

Dude!!!!!!!!!
stop eating McDonalds...thats bad!!!!

in my health class we watched this movie called "SUPER SIZE ME"..
and itn showed how bad McDonalds was..

PPL SHOULD TRY 2 AVOID THIS FOOD...

i think they should ban McDonalds..:mad: