JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

12-09-2007, 07:35 PM

While i was at a convention. i found some tea there that had chocolate milk in it....

From the sky, To the ground
Rain is falling all around
Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

12-10-2007, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I don`t believe so. Everyone I have ever drinking milk has been drinking cold milk.

From what I understand, Asians have a higher occurrence of lactose intolerance. If you drink too much milk, you get an upset stomach. Not everyone, of course, but it seems to be fairly common.
Most kids drink milk at school with their lunches though.
Really Asians are more Lactose Intolerant? I never heard of this before, I find it kind of strange...Is there something in their genes/DNA whatever that doesn't agree with milk or something like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Actually, most Japanese beef doesn`t come from Kobe. That`s just a specific "brand" of beef.
I have never heard of "Kobe milk". Hokkaido milk, on the other hand, is pretty common.
But wouldn't Kobe make milk as well if they have cows there used for beef? Or do they only use the Kobe cows for meat?
(#23 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
12-22-2007, 05:27 AM

Late to this topic, but I was curious about the milk thing as well. I was curious why I don't hear much about the Japanese consume milk the way we Americans do. I personally looooooove milk. The way alcohol is to an alcoholic is how I am with milk. Too bad I'm lactose intolerant. I have a strong reaction to milk...not the typical symptoms, anymore, either. I get ear infections if I consume too many dairy products, so I try to avoid them or have it in moderation. When I fear an infection coming on, I just wean myself away from it. I'm craving a glass of milk right now. lol

So...in what way is Japanese milk different from American milk taste wise? Anything specific?
(#24 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

12-22-2007, 06:13 AM

milk has tasted different in every country i have been to, how can you explain a different taste? haha. you get used to the different taste and then begin to like it. i remember when i first started living in japan i would only have milk with cereal. then later on i grew to like it and drank it all the time.

as for kanji's question,
cows used for meet are of a different breed to those used for milk. thus simply because cattle meat comes from a region doesn't mean the milk will also.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
12-22-2007, 08:23 AM

Oh, I guess I should've been more specific. Is there anything really distinguishable between American milk and Japanese milk?
(#26 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

12-22-2007, 08:34 AM

well im not american so can't help you there.. but i mean what are you looking for.. they have full cream and low fat milk there just like any other country.. it comes from cows and it will probably taste different. haha... not sure whatelse anyone can add.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-23-2007, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
Oh, I guess I should've been more specific. Is there anything really distinguishable between American milk and Japanese milk?
The taste is simply... different. It's really hard to explain. It's not bad, just not what you're used to in the US. But after a while you get used to it, and you don't really notice it anymore. It's because of their different pasteurization process.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan