JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
dragonflyheels (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to dragonflyheels Send a message via MSN to dragonflyheels
Dried Squid - 11-03-2007, 06:19 PM

Well this thread is not entirely about dried squid, I guess it more about food and cooking it and eating it and stuff like that... Cooking is a new found hobby now I make all my own meals and buy my own food and stuff.
Anyways, dried squid. Does anyone else love this? I ate my first bag today and I could eat another 100 right now! I've recently made use of all the Chinese supermarkets in Town.
[Also for people that wok/fry stuff often, use water instead of oil, it's just as good and 100% better for you!]
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Kaicui (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-03-2007, 06:22 PM

lmao...u must not be asian..ive eaten that stuff for as young as i remember
(#3 (permalink))
Old
dragonflyheels (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to dragonflyheels Send a message via MSN to dragonflyheels
11-03-2007, 06:29 PM

Of course... I'm white and have lived in Birmingham, England all my life. I've always liked squid though and have eaten it since I was very young, but I've never had it dried before.
Lol, I have to admit it confused me at first when it said "prepared" on the pack, because that immediately implies it needs futher cooking.
I also had these grape chocolate things... they're like grape flavoured jelly in chocolate, they're so nice too, but mega expensive considering how few you get for the price. [Lol, been raiding the Chinese supermarket today [my favourite = lychee juice drink [my favourite fruit]]].
By the way do you know whether I'm meant to keep those set fruit pudding yoghurt things in the fridge or not [if you know what I'm talking about]? I've put them in, because they seemed to retain the cold a lot.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Kaicui (Offline)

11-03-2007, 06:31 PM

yea i usually just leave em in
(#5 (permalink))
Old
dragonflyheels (Offline)
JF Regular

11-03-2007, 06:42 PM

Lol, lychee flavour again... I have to settle for lychee flavoured stuff because lychee the fruit are hard to get and very expensive here. I also bought those sandwich cookies things... they're like mini cakes that are firm with flavouring in the middle [if my description means anything, lol... I don't know their proper name], but they're also lychee flavour, lol...
I bought some of those kinda reverse pocket in green tea flavour too... I love green tea, in fact I like all tea... no milk, no sugar... brilliant =P
O by the way, do you knoiw whether you have to peel ginger? Or can you just hack it up and stick it in? I've never cooked with it before and I have a mini pack of it sitting on my bookshelf, which I'm planning to eat with noodles, beansprouts and cuttle fish [and lots of black pepper- I'm addicted to black pepper].
Thanks =)
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Kaicui (Offline)

11-03-2007, 06:45 PM

ginger i duno but lychee....ewww i hate lychee but on the other hand i like durian.....soo umm yea im a weird guy..lol XD
(#7 (permalink))
Old
dragonflyheels (Offline)
JF Regular

11-03-2007, 07:11 PM

Is durian meant to be the fruit that smells like dirty socks? Lol... I should try that... I dunno where to get it from, though, but lychee it the best fruit in the world! Along with grapes, yum =P
I love ginger, but I have never cooked with it before... it looks either like an onion or a potato... but there's a problem, onions need peeling, but potatoes don't... lol, o well... I'll slice it and see if the skin falls off or not.
Do you do much cooking yourself? It's kinda new to me, lol... I told my mom not to do my meals, because she doesn't do them how I like them and is useless with the things I eat, but that was only a couple of weeks ago.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

11-04-2007, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyheels View Post
Is durian meant to be the fruit that smells like dirty socks? Lol... I should try that... I dunno where to get it from, though, but lychee it the best fruit in the world! Along with grapes, yum =P
I love ginger, but I have never cooked with it before... it looks either like an onion or a potato... but there's a problem, onions need peeling, but potatoes don't... lol, o well... I'll slice it and see if the skin falls off or not.
Do you do much cooking yourself? It's kinda new to me, lol... I told my mom not to do my meals, because she doesn't do them how I like them and is useless with the things I eat, but that was only a couple of weeks ago.
Squid is so rubbery but I love it. I got a packet of prawns, mussels and squid from Tesco the other day and made a semi-stir fry with chinese salt and red chili powder. Yummmay

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#9 (permalink))
Old
dragonflyheels (Offline)
JF Regular

11-04-2007, 05:31 PM

I made noodles, ginger, baby cuttle fish, beansprouts, prawns and baby corns today... sounds like a weird combination? It didn't taste too good, it was kinda salty and too soggy... I think I should just stick with pork and chicken and cuttle fish and prawns separate.
I don't really eat fresh muscles anymore now, because I once bought a box and in every muscle there was a pearl and they really hurt my teeth =(
I need to go on a diet anyways... so starting the 5th of November [not tomorrow, because I won't stick if I say tomorrow] I'm on a strict diet. I bought a load of junk food, which should last me a few weeks if I ration it, and after than I'm going to cut junk food out of my diet completely... done it before and lost four stone. Need to loose 8lbs this time!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

11-04-2007, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyheels View Post
I made noodles, ginger, baby cuttle fish, beansprouts, prawns and baby corns today... sounds like a weird combination? It didn't taste too good, it was kinda salty and too soggy... I think I should just stick with pork and chicken and cuttle fish and prawns separate.
I don't really eat fresh muscles anymore now, because I once bought a box and in every muscle there was a pearl and they really hurt my teeth =(
I need to go on a diet anyways... so starting the 5th of November [not tomorrow, because I won't stick if I say tomorrow] I'm on a strict diet. I bought a load of junk food, which should last me a few weeks if I ration it, and after than I'm going to cut junk food out of my diet completely... done it before and lost four stone. Need to loose 8lbs this time!
Try frying the fish before putting it into the main Dish. Also, the prawns. You gotta get rid of that water
Lol I aint goin on no diet even though I prolly need one.. Food is great! But i workout too so its ok

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers