JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Language Help (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/)
-   -   american girl in japan.♥ (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/11116-american-girl-japan.html)

keropisupakewl 12-29-2007 03:58 AM

american girl in japan.♥

Okay, well, i really like japanese, but....okay well i can honestly say that i am cute.i am average height and i weigh about hmm..110-115.and i have chcolately/honey-streaked brown hair, with bangs, like they're slightly curled under and kinds long, um i am kinda girly.and i'm quiet., please don't make fun of me for putting that all on there but i have to give you a general idea.
but um, if i were to go to japan would i be called a henna gaijin.
like, if i learn the language and speak it fluently, and can write kanji,(i already know hiragana and katakana would htey be racist against me:confused: because i have had a few japanese friends,(girls)and i just naturally get along with asian people that can't speak much english, and i am naturally drawn to them.so, tell what ya thinkg:rheart: thanks ^-^

ChocoMousse 12-29-2007 05:12 AM

how you treat people from foreign countries in the US is exactly how foreign countries treat US citizen.

Harold 12-29-2007 05:46 AM

Although I've never been to Japan, I have plenty of people who are so interested in talking to me (on mixi, pen pal sites, myspace, etc) from Japan. They're extremely nice and wouldn't hurt a fly. Most Japanese won't have anything agains you. I promise. ;)

Amnell 12-29-2007 08:14 AM

They wouldn't be any more racist than the average joe on the street :P . Actually, if you can speak the language well, I've heard that they respect you for it ;) . Having not been there myself, I don't know if it's true, but I've heard it from a lot of different sources, so I believe it.

Shanis 12-29-2007 02:55 PM

Japanese people are often very polite and helpful I don´t think that they would treat you bad or anything else^^

buubuu 12-29-2007 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanis (Post 339548)
Japanese people are often very polite and helpful I don´t think that they would treat you bad or anything else^^

i think that that kind of reaction is in every country not just japan. :D

if you are afraid that some1 will threat you bad or something like that i assure you that will only happen if you do something that people from that country is not used to (they will think of you as some weirdo).

keropisupakewl 12-29-2007 03:38 PM

thank you guys soO much
有り難うございます:rheart:

Harold 12-29-2007 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keropisupakewl (Post 339563)
thank you guys soO much
有り難うございます:rheart:

いいえ。頑張れ!

Norli 12-31-2007 03:00 PM

Post removed--------

Harold 12-31-2007 06:41 PM

-
Calm down. She's asking about the social aspect of speaking Japanese as a gaijin in Japan, which is totally acceptable.