(#31 (permalink))
Old
NegimaCrazy (Offline)
Manga maniac!!!

Send a message via MSN to NegimaCrazy
06-13-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuraexorcist87 View Post
it sucks that the only computer left in my house that has XP is my school issued laptop -.-;
You can get ime here (Windows only) -->Install Microsoft Global IME 5.02 for 32-bit Windows

here is a site that will convert romaji to hiragana and katakana -->Romaji Conversion

japanese fonts -->http://www2.i-love-epson.co.jp/downl...page/ttf30.exe

These will work on earlier windows!

The romaji converter should work anywhere with internet!¡ 

I know the fonts works on windows, but i don't know about other os's!!

Quote:
"If all you acomplish in life is making friends, then you've a good life!"
I am Matser X, the sanity destroyer!!!
->Member of Vampire club<-
Pipiru piru pipiru pi!
Visit jrock/anime and manga's new myspace

Last edited by NegimaCrazy : 06-13-2008 at 04:21 PM.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Kai13 (Offline)
あゆ

Send a message via Skype™ to Kai13
07-04-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegimaCrazy View Post
You can get ime here (Windows only) -->Install Microsoft Global IME 5.02 for 32-bit Windows
Well, I'm now really confused. Which one should I choose, I mean, I don't want my computer to be all in japanese :s

I just want to write japanese in forums so that I can train.

Oh, and no, I haven't that CD to install it.

And I'm curious, how does that work, I mean, japanese as at least 2000 hundred kanji plus Hiragana and katakana, how do japanese write? How is their keyboard?

自分のブログ!
見てみてください。
(#33 (permalink))
Old
DangerousBlackcat16 (Offline)
New to JF

07-05-2008, 07:21 PM

thank you!!! ^-^ ありがとう!

Pft...dont flatter yourself. I am your darkest fantasy >:]

(#34 (permalink))
Old
redsteel (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to redsteel
07-06-2008, 06:11 AM

I don't read or speak japaness, what happen if I do this to my comp? would it all turn in japaness language? I was looking for a translator program which would write all i english and the program would turn it into characters.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
07-06-2008, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai13 View Post
Well, I'm now really confused. Which one should I choose, I mean, I don't want my computer to be all in japanese :s
It won't. It'll just give you the option of encoding a page that has Japanese language so that you can see it. If you don't have it, then the pages will look like a bunch of squares and blocks and other symbols.

Let's say you go to... Amazon.co.jp. This is the Japanese side of amazon (even though, this is a bad example since there is a link there to convert everything into English). I'm sure if you go there, without something to convert the text, it'll look weird. With an encoder, you'll be able to see all the Japanese writing.
Quote:
I just want to write japanese in forums so that I can train.
What I do, though, if I want to post Japanese on the board, is type what I want in a Japanese word-processor and just copy and paste it.
Quote:
And I'm curious, how does that work, I mean, japanese as at least 2000 hundred kanji plus Hiragana and katakana, how do japanese write? How is their keyboard?
They have keyboards with all the characters on it (Hiragana/Katakana). When typing out the word, depending on it, it'll turn the word into Kanji.

If you use a Japanese word-processor, you don't need a Japanese keyboard. You just need to know your Japanese alphabet so you can type it in right.

For instance, let's say you want to type the word "hikari" which means "light". You type it just like that. "h-i-k-a-r-i". On a Japanese keyboard, you'd type it, "hi-ka-ri", since the characters of those would be on the keyboard. I hope that made sense.

Sometimes, depending on the word, it'll show a Kanji for it. Using Hikari as the example again, depending on your setting, might just pop as the Kanji character for it since Hikari is a word that does have a Kanji character for it. It gives you a meaning, usually, too. I'm sure someone could explain this better. I think I confused myself here. ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsteel View Post
I don't read or speak japaness, what happen if I do this to my comp? would it all turn in japaness language? I was looking for a translator program which would write all i english and the program would turn it into characters.
No, it wouldn't. It usually only enables your computer to see Japanese text instead of symbols and blocks. I don't know too much about translator programs.

Last edited by SSJup81 : 07-06-2008 at 06:33 AM.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Kai13 (Offline)
あゆ

Send a message via Skype™ to Kai13
07-06-2008, 03:27 PM

In japanese websites I can see all in japanese, the only thing I can't is the bar above, it appears squares as you said.

Thanks, that was helpful ^^

自分のブログ!
見てみてください。
(#37 (permalink))
Old
tsuruya (Offline)
New to JF

08-07-2008, 01:55 AM

hmmm what should i do with windows vista.....?

Yume o shinjiru no wa, jibun ni mo makenai koto...
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Teesama (Offline)
Little Nemesis

08-08-2008, 02:10 PM

I have Windows XP and I don't have the instalation CD (My windows are original, I just don't have the CD)..what to do?

And I've read back few pages. MANY computers don't come with the CD. Mine is one of those.

Last edited by Teesama : 08-08-2008 at 02:14 PM.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
08-08-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teesama View Post
I have Windows XP and I don't have the instalation CD (My windows are original, I just don't have the CD)..what to do?

And I've read back few pages. MANY computers don't come with the CD. Mine is one of those.
Then borrow the CD from someone, or download (and burn) a image of windows XP CD somewhere

(#40 (permalink))
Old
Teesama (Offline)
Little Nemesis

08-09-2008, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum View Post
Then borrow the CD from someone, or download (and burn) a image of windows XP CD somewhere
I feel so stupid now...xD Yeah sure, will do, thanks.