JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#81 (permalink))
Old
YoshimiTheEthereal (Offline)
Neo-Nebula

06-01-2009, 05:51 AM

Is there a way to do this without the OS disc? I don't know where mine is.

Quote:
"And so, if you say in a beautiful rose there are thorns, in Lareine there is me, and behind that there are these guys (Emiru, Mayu, and Machi)."
~Kamijo
(Kamijo is the beautiful rose and Emiru, Mayu, and Machi are the thorns.)
(#82 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

06-07-2009, 08:06 PM

I'm using my mom's comp right now, but Japanese doesn't show up, and she doesn't have the CD.

on my comp at home, I had downloaded a program that lets the Japanese show up how it's supposed to, but I can't remember what program it is.
Can anyone help me?

I had thought the program was mentioned at this forum, but I can't find the post.

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....
(#83 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-19-2009, 10:51 PM

Can anyone help- I bought an apple Mac Laptop lately with the latest Microsoft office for Mac installed on it, and I know there is a way to pull up a kind of sketch box so you can draw in kanji and convert the scribble to text typing without having to input actual hiragana. Very useful if you can't read the kanji, or there's no furigana. My problem is that although i'm certain the function is there, I can't find it. On PC it's on the language tool bar but it's somewhere else on Mac and the search doesn't find it either. Anyone know what I mean and how to use it on Mac?
(#84 (permalink))
Old
Routetosomewhere (Offline)
New to JF

08-30-2009, 08:50 PM

aren't you supposed to install the Japanese Language IME from the Microsoft site?
Does anyone know how to add Furigana to kanji in Word and other programs???
Cheers,

Will
(#85 (permalink))
Old
Orochitachi (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Orochitachi Send a message via MSN to Orochitachi
08-30-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routetosomewhere View Post
aren't you supposed to install the Japanese Language IME from the Microsoft site?
Does anyone know how to add Furigana to kanji in Word and other programs???
Cheers,

Will
Here's what I did, as u mentioned above, i downloaded the IME Japanese language pack update.

Then i used control pale to add the japanese keyboard. ( cant bother type the steps here, but u'll find it under regional and laguage)

then once that was done, I opened word07 and then before I started typing I pressed Alt+shift to switch to japanese keyboard, then alt+` to get hiragana/katakana.

ps...kanji shoudl automatically fill in , i think it just converts itself to kanji( atleast that happens when I type.)

the only problem is that I have not managed to get the space as yet.
(#86 (permalink))
Old
Orochitachi (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Orochitachi Send a message via MSN to Orochitachi
08-30-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochitachi View Post
Here's what I did, as u mentioned above, i downloaded the IME Japanese language pack update.

Then i used control pale to add the japanese keyboard. ( cant bother type the steps here, but u'll find it under regional and laguage)

then once that was done, I opened word07 and then before I started typing I pressed Alt+shift to switch to japanese keyboard, then alt+` to get hiragana/katakana.

ps...kanji shoudl automatically fill in , i think it just converts itself to kanji( atleast that happens when I type.)

the only problem is that I have not managed to get the space as yet.
There was some typo's.

pale, should be panel and laguage, shouldl be language....
I guess the need for sleep is kicking in; i can't focus.
(#87 (permalink))
Old
ReHaM (Offline)
New to JF

09-05-2009, 12:43 AM

its beautiful

thank you

La Illah Illa Allah.....Mohammed Rasoul Allah

(#88 (permalink))
Old
yuriyuri (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-17-2009, 09:34 AM

For those who do not have a disc to install Japanese characters but can at least see them, go here:
(Works best in firefox for me)
Ajax IME: Web-based Japanese Input Method

Enjoy.
(#89 (permalink))
Old
OzukakiBurasuki (Offline)
JF Regular

11-30-2009, 06:28 AM

Hmmm... I have a question.

I have IME enabled for Windows XP and everything, but I was wondering something. I could have sworn I heard Nyorin saying once that you could use that IME to type romaji, which would turn to hiragana, then onto kanji/katakana. I was wondering how you do that because it is really confusing to have to memorize where all of the hiragana are on the Japanese-layout (ex. q = た). How would you do this?
(#90 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-30-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzukakiBurasuki View Post
Hmmm... I have a question.

I have IME enabled for Windows XP and everything, but I was wondering something. I could have sworn I heard Nyorin saying once that you could use that IME to type romaji, which would turn to hiragana, then onto kanji/katakana. I was wondering how you do that because it is really confusing to have to memorize where all of the hiragana are on the Japanese-layout (ex. q = た). How would you do this?
My IME doesn't work like that at all. I switch my keyboard to japanese then set to hiragana, then type. Romaji change to hiragana, then a hit on the space bar gives me kanji options.