LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

02-27-2008, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrakushi View Post
well you should have a copy of Windows XP/Vista on disc, this is the disc you are looking for.
Not always. A lot of computers don't come with the CD, just windows installed and a partition made in the HDD for recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyavifan View Post
What if you use a computer where you don't have administrative rights, like at the library?
You're pretty much sol.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

02-27-2008, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
Not always. A lot of computers don't come with the CD, just windows installed and a partition made in the HDD for recovery.
While I have been a mac user for the past 3 years i do find that hard to believe the a lot of computers are like this. perhaps a small few. over the past few years i have had to fix many windows machines and every single one has come with a recovery disc. on this disc is a copy of windows. it would be too troublesome for the company supplying the computer to not supply you with a recovery disc and simply leave it on a separate partition. it isn't good business practice.

@Kayci you should have some form of recovery for your computer, if you are one of the few people who have their computer set up like Tyrien then I'm not sure how to help you, borrow a friends disc or something. if you have a recovery disc supplied with your computer then it will contain windows and you should be able to use it.

It is impossible to make your whole Windows system Japanese unless you install a Japanese version of Windows This system language changing ability is a OS X feature, not a Windows feature. You can install only Japanese language support and input system on Windows.

Why aren't Windows users here supporting each other?? I would rather have nothing to do with the windows system. come on people help each other out ^^
(#13 (permalink))
Old
KanameChidori (Offline)
New to JF

03-13-2008, 06:15 PM

thank you a lot
(#14 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KikiBunny23 Send a message via MSN to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Yahoo to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Skype™ to KikiBunny23
03-29-2008, 06:42 PM

I'm unable to use japanese characters on my computer because the disc won't work.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
03-29-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiBunny23 View Post
I'm unable to use japanese characters on my computer because the disc won't work.
Could you be more specific please? Did you insert the disk and the installation was still asking for it? Or what happened?

(#16 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KikiBunny23 Send a message via MSN to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Yahoo to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Skype™ to KikiBunny23
03-29-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum View Post
Could you be more specific please? Did you insert the disk and the installation was still asking for it? Or what happened?
well, my dad works the whole computer. if I try to do somethin, it will blow up on me lol jk. but he said any type of disc for the computer to download different language characters wont work
(#17 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

03-29-2008, 11:05 PM

um.. it is the official windows disc, it certainly will work. even if you have a pirated windows system.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

03-30-2008, 04:43 AM

i don't know but my dad help make computer so I know he knows what he is talkin bout. like I said, don't ask me...i'd probably blow up the computer if i tryed downloading anything
(#19 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

03-30-2008, 06:08 AM

If you use windows/linux/os x as your operating system and you dad says you can't then your dad has no idea what he is talking about. also it is not hard to build a computer.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
HanaSan (Offline)
New to JF

03-31-2008, 10:15 AM

ありがと!