LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
deadthinker (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-22-2007, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonNataku View Post
And in the end, it's really not necessary to know all or even many of the counters. If you know the one for indiscriminate objects (hitotsu, futatsu), and then some other basic ones like the ones you mentioned, that's really all you need. If you don't know the counter, you just use the counter for indiscriminate objects and it's perfectly fine.

Besides, I highly doubt that even a native Japanese knows and uses all the counters. Like the counter for single grains of rice, for example... When would you use that? Especially since there's another counter for bowls of rice.
really? oh right ^^ well i think i will continue to try and learn them anyway but i shall remember what you said incase i get stuck so thankyou!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
CrimsonNataku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-23-2007, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I don`t know about the rest of the Japanese population, but I know my husband and I use different counters for -grains of rice -clumps of rice and -bowls of rice.
Really? Wow. When I asked my friends from Japan about those counters, they all just had blank looks on their faces and said "We didn't even know they existed." My Japanese tutor knew about them, but she said she never uses them. That's very interesting ^_^

"To teach is to learn." - Japanese Proverb
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Kasumi89 (Offline)
JF Regular

01-23-2007, 04:51 AM

I like rice balls, they are good
(#24 (permalink))
Old
NekoNekoChan (Offline)
ナイトメア!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to NekoNekoChan
01-24-2007, 11:11 PM

My main trouble is hiragana. (and probably katakana, as I haven't really attempted this. My japanese teacher said-7th grade-you should learn hiragana before katakana)
I honestly don't remember things by writing them, as people say that is how memory works. I learned english(first language) by reading, and then I remember the letters. I would assume it would do the same for me in japanese. Which is why I want this thing they're selling at the mall, it basically teaches you the kana through a manga based system, and also words here and there. I skimmed through it and it seems as though I could use it. So, I'm going to get it with birthday money(feb 3rd) along with ink tones for my manga.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
deadthinker (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-29-2007, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoNekoChan View Post
My main trouble is hiragana. (and probably katakana, as I haven't really attempted this. My japanese teacher said-7th grade-you should learn hiragana before katakana)
I honestly don't remember things by writing them, as people say that is how memory works. I learned english(first language) by reading, and then I remember the letters. I would assume it would do the same for me in japanese. Which is why I want this thing they're selling at the mall, it basically teaches you the kana through a manga based system, and also words here and there. I skimmed through it and it seems as though I could use it. So, I'm going to get it with birthday money(feb 3rd) along with ink tones for my manga.
i think its difficult remembering them but the more you see them the easier it gets you have to drum it into your head i drew them all over my walls (my mum wasnt impressed though) but cause i see them lots now i am starting to get it. im not surggesting you graffiti your bedroom walls but you could stick up posters of the hiragana characters or something
(#26 (permalink))
Old
NekoNekoChan (Offline)
ナイトメア!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to NekoNekoChan
01-29-2007, 04:57 AM

YUS! LET'S ALL GRAFFITI OUR HOUSES! lol, j/k
Yeah, I should make a Hiragana Poster, and practice writing words I know.

Life brings death.
Death brings eyes.
Each time we blink
we open our eyes again,
yet, when we blink our last
people will close their eyes and tear.

However, the death will cause people to eventually open their eyes once again.
Become stronger, strive to live as long as they can.
Life brings death.
Death Brings life.

Made by me in 30 seconds(or around there)
(#27 (permalink))
Old
varandasi (Offline)
New to JF

The symbols, specially the kanji - 01-29-2007, 07:55 AM

I think the grammar in japanese is quite easy compared with a latin language, portuguese for instance. But the memorization of the symbols is very difficult.
IV
Varandas.org: Viagens, Tango, Pintura, Poesia, Banda Desenhada. Por Lisboa, Portugal, Mundo
(#28 (permalink))
Old
jinnkitten (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to jinnkitten
01-29-2007, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varandasi View Post
I think the grammar in japanese is quite easy compared with a latin language, portuguese for instance. But the memorization of the symbols is very difficult.
IV
Varandas.org: Viagens, Tango, Pintura, Poesia, Banda Desenhada. Por Lisboa, Portugal, Mundo
oke i clicked the link... everything that i can click i will click... but after the whole japanese romanji thingiej... i couldn't even see what it said... or what i had to do ... HELP ME

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy

back into the system...stop the pain...drives me insane... kill....sweet kill
(#29 (permalink))
Old
yoixhotaru (Offline)
New to JF

02-03-2007, 12:38 AM

I think writing the characters are no problem (except for kanji ), and the structure of the sentence, isn't hard either because I know korean (sentence structure for both languages are basically the same)

I think it's the conjugation of the verbs + the vocabulary that frustrate me.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Guro (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Guro Send a message via Yahoo to Guro
02-06-2007, 03:05 AM

I have trouble with kanji...
It's usually just the stroke order for the more complex ones, but sometimes I have trouble remembering how to pronounce them or the meaning(s).
It's really hard for me to just make flashcards and study those because...well...I don't tend to learn things like that.
We have kanji packets, of course, but even after writing something thirty-something times...

I guess I just need a new way to study or something. :/

"...my heart is shuttered, soon it will crumble away
stifling my tears, I scream day after day
my heart has left me with a belief in strength
my own heart killed me..."