JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
NightChilde25 (Offline)
In my own little world

Send a message via AIM to NightChilde25 Send a message via Yahoo to NightChilde25
Can anyone translate this recipe from the Lolita Bible for me? - 02-07-2008, 01:42 AM

Hi, I found this a little while ago and I'm dying to make the coffin cake at the bottom, but I'm only just begining to learn Japanese. I'm lost. This comes from the Lolita Bible. If anyone can help me out, I'd be eternally thankful.

If you need a closer look here is the link. You can enlarge it a bit.
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7302/glb15rg3.jpg

(#2 (permalink))
Old
MrDrEsq (Offline)
JF Regular

02-09-2008, 08:56 AM

Coffin mold tiramisu(is tiramisu considered a cake?).the typical italian sweet in the goth-lolita style. using sponge cake instead of sponge(what is that?), easyDEATH(haha).
i think the going rate for japanese to english translation is about USD60 per page with up to 650ish characters per page.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
NightChilde25 (Offline)
In my own little world

Send a message via AIM to NightChilde25 Send a message via Yahoo to NightChilde25
02-09-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDrEsq View Post
Coffin mold tiramisu(is tiramisu considered a cake?).the typical italian sweet in the goth-lolita style. using sponge cake instead of sponge(what is that?), easyDEATH(haha).
i think the going rate for japanese to english translation is about USD60 per page with up to 650ish characters per page.
Thank you. ^_^ I thought it looked like tiramisu. I just wasn't sure. Actually, yes, tiramisu is considered a cake. The word you're looking for is ladyfingers. It's basically the same thing only a little drier than regular sponge cake. Hmmm...well, I'm afraid I'm a little short on cash right now. How about a piece of tiramisu when I finish making it? Thanks again.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-09-2008, 09:59 AM

I am afraid your request would require a couple hours work...
(#5 (permalink))
Old
filiadragongurl (Offline)
Japan Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to filiadragongurl
02-09-2008, 02:32 PM

SUPER roughly speaking 'cause I didn't look anything up and am guessing the context a bit^_^;; I'll give you what I get out of it + some of the guessed context

1. Cut "kasutera" into 2 1cm thick pieces

2. Put one piece down and put coffee and coffee "rikyuuru" on it by using cofee "shiropu" (syrup I think) to make it stick (guessing a lot on this one)

3. Put cream cheese on top and use lemon something for something^_^;;

4. possibly do something else involving something done in 3 and let it sit for 6 minutes (for the cream cheese to harden a bit, I'm guessing) then put life cream on? (it's the kanji for life, then katakana for cream... figure it out)

5. Put the second piece down and I think do the same stuff as before again, but it's telling you to put a *lot* of cream on this time. I guess you plan in the design of the cross and whatnot if you want to, but I don't know that kanji^_^;

6. decorate with blood if you want to and blah blah decoration stuff and something about cocoa powder.

Yeah, so that probably wasn't good enough to help you make it and it might be semi-wrong, and I totally missed at least 3 ingredients but that's what I got out of it without looking anything up^_^;; Good luck

Last edited by filiadragongurl : 02-09-2008 at 02:36 PM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
NightChilde25 (Offline)
In my own little world

02-11-2008, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I am afraid your request would require a couple hours work...
Gee...I didn't realize it would take that long. That's just for the bottom recipe or the whole page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadragongurl View Post
SUPER roughly speaking 'cause I didn't look anything up and am guessing the context a bit^_^;; I'll give you what I get out of it + some of the guessed context

1. Cut "kasutera" into 2 1cm thick pieces

2. Put one piece down and put coffee and coffee "rikyuuru" on it by using cofee "shiropu" (syrup I think) to make it stick (guessing a lot on this one)

3. Put cream cheese on top and use lemon something for something^_^;;

4. possibly do something else involving something done in 3 and let it sit for 6 minutes (for the cream cheese to harden a bit, I'm guessing) then put life cream on? (it's the kanji for life, then katakana for cream... figure it out)

5. Put the second piece down and I think do the same stuff as before again, but it's telling you to put a *lot* of cream on this time. I guess you plan in the design of the cross and whatnot if you want to, but I don't know that kanji^_^;

6. decorate with blood if you want to and blah blah decoration stuff and something about cocoa powder.

Yeah, so that probably wasn't good enough to help you make it and it might be semi-wrong, and I totally missed at least 3 ingredients but that's what I got out of it without looking anything up^_^;; Good luck
Thanks for the help. I know how to make tirimisu, but I just wanted to know if it was the same as what is pictured here. Hmmm....I bet I can manage.