JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Dutchman (Offline)
JF Regular

Location: Holland, The Netherlands what ever you call my country
Help with Kanji learning - 02-26-2008, 11:21 AM

I'm wondering what the best route is to remember/learn Kanji. Cause don't know if should learn it with RTK or jouyou grade.So I was wondering which of the two is most efficient?

~*日本語は凄い言語です*~
(#2 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

02-26-2008, 12:25 PM

i just learn mine according to the JLTP schedule. so for level 4 you need to know a certain 100 characters, work your way through them. for level 3 you need to know another 200, so work your way through them. for level 2 you need to know another 600, so work your way through them. that is how i do it..

perhaps not the most efficient but i learn the characters through vocabulary. so for say JLPT 4 there are words in the vocabulary you should learn for that level that use those 100 kanji. by level 2 kanji level you can find 4 or 5 words in the level 2 vocabulary list that use that particular kanji you are learning. for example 舞:仕舞う、見舞う、舞う、舞台、振舞う
so you learn your new vocabulary with your kanji.

i make sure i write all these words and learn to write them, not just recognise them.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Dutchman (Offline)
JF Regular

02-27-2008, 11:19 AM

yeah I'm doing that aswell. I got a list of the vocab used in JLPT 4 then I learn that list and I learn Kanji, with the RTK or Jouyou. But I don't know which I'll choose..... The RTK method is about Kanji that are similair and learn them. The Jouyou is easy -> hard. Maybe I just need to try myself and see which suits me best ^^

~*日本語は凄い言語です*~
(#4 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

02-27-2008, 12:00 PM

umm.. if you are doing it by the JLPT kanji list then why do you need to do it by any of those methods? unless you are going to break down the 100 kanji listed for JLPT 4 into those categories (similar shape or easy -> hard), why not just get the list and work your way down it, in whatever format it is in. I'm at all referring to the vocab's kanji. there is a list of 100 kanji that you must know. study those. then level 3 has 200 more kanji, study those. they will come in a list already, just work your way down the list, 5 or 10 a night. don't forget to learn compounds with them.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Dutchman (Offline)
JF Regular

02-27-2008, 01:21 PM

okey :P I'll try to get the list

~*日本語は凄い言語です*~