JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
82riceballs (Offline)
JF Old Timer

organize the japanese language resources thread? - 03-15-2008, 04:38 PM

I've noticed that the Japanese language resources thread has become increasingly hard to navigate because there are always alternating "thank you" comments and "actual links" posts. Can we organize it so that it's more user-friendly?

I think we should have it so that all the links are organized into categories on the first post/page.
e.g. Dictionaries
Grammar
Kana/Kanji
etc

Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

"ヒサシブリブリダネ。”
   〜〜〜クレヨンしんちゃん
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
03-16-2008, 05:34 AM

Me! How to organize, though?

I would start a new thread and just take PMs from people, instead of allowing post after post to amass. Basically do it kinda like the requests thread in Music.

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Noldy (Offline)
New to JF

Help - 03-16-2008, 06:40 AM

Can some one tell me what "Watashi ni yoi yume o shite ne!" means and "Ai Shite"
(#4 (permalink))
Old
sugoiaisukurimudesu (Offline)
New to JF

03-16-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noldy View Post
Can some one tell me what "Watashi ni yoi yume o shite ne!" means and "Ai Shite"
I'm pretty sure the first one means "I have a good dream" But I'm a learner myself, so I'll let someone who knows for sure correct me if they may ^_^

さよならって言えなかった事、いつか許してね。同じ夢 を生きられないけど、ずっと見守ってるから。
Feel free to correct me
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Kai13 (Offline)
あゆ

Send a message via Skype™ to Kai13
03-16-2008, 04:12 PM

Yup, I agree, moderators should organize the first post of the thread with the japanese learning resources.

It's a great idea, 82riceballs

自分のブログ!
見てみてください。
(#6 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
03-16-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82riceballs View Post
I've noticed that the Japanese language resources thread has become increasingly hard to navigate because there are always alternating "thank you" comments and "actual links" posts. Can we organize it so that it's more user-friendly?

I think we should have it so that all the links are organized into categories on the first post/page.
e.g. Dictionaries
Grammar
Kana/Kanji
etc

Does anyone else think this is a good idea?
It's innovative, surely, though I would go along with what Amnell said.

Firstly, as the number of varying posts pile up, we'll have to constantly re-visit the thread to modify the original post with respective links to future posts. Kanji and I are both more than contented with being preoccupied with rule-breakers & personal interests.
Secondly, the reality of the situation is that the admin, who is the sole power-distributor of the forum, is MIA, and given our ranks in the hierarchy, we're sorely unable to appoint anyone else.
Thirdly, if you'll allow me to humbly suggest, why not edit one of your own posts in the said thread, with the organized links categorized, yourselves? Yes, it's undeniable it'll be tedious as opposed to a single person burdening it on himself, but I dunno about Kanji and the language board is out of my jurisdiction.
Or another idea is to PM the original poster about the details of what needs to be amended. She still comes online from time to time.

~ CoolNard

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
82riceballs (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-16-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noldy View Post
If you have any questions, please DO NOT POST THEM HERE! That's not what this thread is for. There is another thread that's called "translation help".

Yeah, Iagree with Amnell! PM's instead of posts.

"ヒサシブリブリダネ。”
   〜〜〜クレヨンしんちゃん
(#8 (permalink))
Old
82riceballs (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-16-2008, 04:44 PM

Do you think it'll be alright if we just start a new one with the links from the old thread?

I'd be more than happy to organize the links if we opened a new thread for resources

"ヒサシブリブリダネ。”
   〜〜〜クレヨンしんちゃん
(#9 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
03-16-2008, 04:47 PM

It's indeed a feasible idea. You can try that, then ask Kanji to merge both threads together with your post of organized links as the first post.

Edited: I've already sent him a prior PM, and he's agreed to do so, after he comes back.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 03-16-2008 at 05:10 PM.