JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
lenlyn (Offline)
New to JF

PLEASE HELP ME ! method of payment online info - 06-30-2008, 05:09 AM

help ! help ! help !

hello everyone, I am foreigner in japan working as software engineer and 3 months now in japan.

I would like to order clothes from www.nissen.co.jp online or by phone but i dont know what are the payment method. as of now i dont have a credit card. below is the link of the mode of payment, can you help me to summarize the method of payment aside from credit card? like COD or money order or pay thru convenience store?

http://www.nissen.co.jp/guide/f_guide_050.htm

thank you thank you thank you

Last edited by lenlyn : 06-30-2008 at 05:11 AM. Reason: add title
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

06-30-2008, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenlyn View Post
help ! help ! help !

hello everyone, I am foreigner in japan working as software engineer and 3 months now in japan.

I would like to order clothes from www.nissen.co.jp online or by phone but i dont know what are the payment method. as of now i dont have a credit card. below is the link of the mode of payment, can you help me to summarize the method of payment aside from credit card? like COD or money order or pay thru convenience store?

http://www.nissen.co.jp/guide/f_guide_050.htm

thank you thank you thank you
Welcome to both Japan and Japan Forum!

Nissen asks you to choose among the following paying methods:

1. Pay at Convenience Store or Post Office. (There will be a bill enclosed with your order when you receive it.)

2. Pay by Internet. (Internet bank remittance or by 'Edy').

3. Pay by Magical Club Card.

4. Pay by Credit Card.

5. Daikin-Hikikae (Daibiki). You pay the driver at your door when he deliverd your order. (very common Japanese paying method.)

Voila! Enjoy your shopping! #1 amd #5 will be nice and easy.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
PouncingAnt (Offline)
JF Regular

06-30-2008, 01:10 PM

If its OK for me to pop in at this point, more out of interest than anything else ...

I've been living in Japan for the last 8 months, but not really ordered anything online.

Back in England, I'm a big fan of the whole internet mail order thing, any idea how common choices 1 and 5 are when ordering online here?

I usually pay my bills at the コンビニ, so I appreciate how easy that would be.

You can also check out Japanese lessons on my site
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

06-30-2008, 02:44 PM

What I'm going to say isn't based on any stats, but it's based on my own and my friends' experience.

#1 and #5 are really common. #5 is so great that I don't even know the same kind of a service is available in many other countries. You don't have to pay in advance or give your credit card info to anyone. #1 is also common unless you live far from a convenience store or post office. You only need to show the clerk your bill and pay.

The next most common would be #4. People tend to prefer using the plastic when they buy something expensive and want to pay in installments. #1 and #5 allow no installment plans, naturally.

#2 is probably not very common yet.

Finally, I don't even know what #3 is. But I had to mention it since it was listed as a possible payment method on the website shown by the thread starter.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
PouncingAnt (Offline)
JF Regular

06-30-2008, 02:54 PM

Sounds great. I'll bear that in mind when roaming the Japanese corner of the internet
cheers for the info

You can also check out Japanese lessons on my site