JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
thatmanadz (Offline)
New to JF

Question Japanese School Help - 07-03-2008, 08:24 AM

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice regarding Japanese language schools/courses in Japan?

I need an accredited school that will enable me to get a Visa to study here, also I am not interested in studying at a japanese university although I would be prepared to complete the 1st year pre-application Japanese course offered by most universities.

If anyone has studied/is studying somewhere that you think has a good course, let me know!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
filiadragongurl (Offline)
Japan Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to filiadragongurl
07-03-2008, 03:11 PM

I went to JCMU (Japan Center for Michigan Universities) for a semester in Japan... I think the language program at my school in America was better, but this one is pretty good and it's in Japan. It's a school specifically for Americans to learn Japanese, but you can take supplimentary courses offered by the surrounding universities/JCMU. I didn't go to any university in Michigan, but my school was affiliated somehow so that our only study abroad program to Japan is this program through the Michigan Universities.

Anyway, you might be able to call up and ask about it. It's located in Shiga-ken, which is kind of in the middle of nowhere, but I liked it.

Sorry if that's not what you were looking for.