JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
lothia (Offline)
New to JF

Way to type in Hiragana? - 07-03-2008, 03:21 PM

I know there are programs that allow you to easily type in Japanese with either the keyboard or through a displayed keyboard. If anyone can help me find one of these programs to either download or even buy if it is worth it that would greatly help.
Thank you
(#2 (permalink))
Old
filiadragongurl (Offline)
Japan Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to filiadragongurl
07-03-2008, 03:27 PM

If you have Windows you don't need to download or buy anything. You just need to turn on the right settings. Someone did it for me, so I'm not entirely sure how to do it, but MMM made a post with a link of how to set it up once in another thread. You could either search for that post or do a google search on how to set up Japanese with your computer.

By the way, you might be able to do it with a Mac too without downloading or buying, but I don't own one, so I'm not sure.

Good luck!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
07-03-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lothia View Post
I know there are programs that allow you to easily type in Japanese with either the keyboard or through a displayed keyboard. If anyone can help me find one of these programs to either download or even buy if it is worth it that would greatly help.
Thank you
There are detailed instructions in the sticky thread http://www.japanforum.com/forum/gene...s-your-pc.html

And if you need additional help go to Microsoft.com and they explain the commandas and options in more detail. you basically just need to activate the languages you want and set the toolbar to display.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.