JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
amesei (Offline)
New to JF

Doujinshi help - 07-17-2008, 07:56 PM

I have a small collection of doujinshi that I want to translate, but I need help since I can't read the kanji and might as well not understand what they're saying... T^T

All of my doujinshi are gag and shounen-ai (with the exception of a Naruto anthology that's mostly soft-core yaoi... =( ), which range from Code Geass, Fruits Basket, Hikaru no Go, Inuyasha, Naruto and One Piece. My collection isn't that big, but I love the doujin that I have and want to translate them for others, too...but I really need help with kanji, the kana itself and romaji translations.

I also need help scanning the doujinshi in a way that they will not be damaged as much, so if anyone has tips, please tell me.

I'm sorry for bothering everyone, though...I just wish I knew more instead of being an amateur... =(
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Hackimoto (Offline)
Fighting the blues

07-17-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesei View Post
I also need help scanning the doujinshi in a way that they will not be damaged as much, so if anyone has tips, please tell me.

Scan carefully.

And you're not bothering anybody, if they don't want to help you they can just click the back button. translating raw japanese comics happens to be a hobby of mine. Although I'm not perfect at it, but I'll try my best if you can send some pages.

Last edited by Hackimoto : 07-17-2008 at 08:29 PM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
amesei (Offline)
New to JF

07-17-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackimoto View Post
Scan carefully.

And you're not bothering anybody, if they don't want to help you they can just click the back button. translating raw japanese comics happens to be a hobby of mine. Although I'm not perfect at it, but I'll try my best if you can send some pages.
Thank you so much for offering to help me. ^ ^ I'll try to get them scanned as soon as possible. =) Oh, and um, can I ask you another question, too, if it isn't too much trouble?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Hackimoto (Offline)
Fighting the blues

07-17-2008, 09:03 PM

Isn't that a question right there?

(#5 (permalink))
Old
amesei (Offline)
New to JF

07-17-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Isn't that a question right there?
Oops, sorry... ^ ^;;;; I was wondering if um, you could also include detailed romaji translations in a .txt or .rtf file once the translation is done so that I could get a better understanding of doujin...since I can't really read much of them at all.... I'm really sorry about this... =( If it's too much trouble, then please forget I asked for the romaji translations...I'd understand since you're probably very busy... ^ ^
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Hackimoto (Offline)
Fighting the blues

07-17-2008, 09:14 PM

Not really. I'll be glad to do all that, in fact I might even throw in some kana charts if you want help with that too. Although it is midnight now where I am so I think I am going to sign off for the night. I'll be on again tommorow

(#7 (permalink))
Old
amesei (Offline)
New to JF

07-24-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Not really. I'll be glad to do all that, in fact I might even throw in some kana charts if you want help with that too. Although it is midnight now where I am so I think I am going to sign off for the night. I'll be on again tommorow
Thank you so much! How do you want me to send you the scans? =)