JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
anatagasuki (Offline)
JF Regular

09-28-2008, 05:03 AM

i dont start high school til next year.
and i agree, learning japanese is hard work.
im finally starting to pick up on kanji and hiragana.

Love is a life and death situation. You have to put your heart on the line.

Part of :
The Lolita Clan
The Akatsuki Clan

My Love:Akanishi Jin!

(#12 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
09-28-2008, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxJustMexx View Post
Umm I'm not even half way through high school. I'm only a pre-teen.
You must be a smart one. I was in middle school when I was a preteen. ^^

That aside, just wait until college to formally learn Japanese, or try to self-study by picking up some Japanese text books.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
shela (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to shela
Smile just one japanese WORD !! - 09-28-2008, 11:08 PM

Hi everyone ! I'm not sure if I am at the right place, but anyway, I just want to know if somebody can help me. I Would like to know how to write '' fear'' in japanese (Actually, it's for a tattoo) so I would like to have a true answer XD so... if anyone can write me fear in japanese I would really appreciate it ! thanx xx
shela
(#14 (permalink))
Old
aiyumecool559 (Offline)
JF Regular

09-29-2008, 01:34 AM

Learn Japanese? Maybe first, to learn greeting, and phrase. Then hiragana and katakana. Learn write greeting in hiragana. Then start talking. Hear more and speak more. read more. And learn many word. If you like talk, you can talk to me, please. I love chat.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
09-29-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shela View Post
Hi everyone ! I'm not sure if I am at the right place, but anyway, I just want to know if somebody can help me. I Would like to know how to write '' fear'' in japanese (Actually, it's for a tattoo) so I would like to have a true answer XD so... if anyone can write me fear in japanese I would really appreciate it ! thanx xx
shela
I don't think this is right, but "恐れ" can mean "fear". It's pronounced Osore. I don't feel that this would work for a tattoo.

That aside, you should ask this question in the sticky at the top of this particular part of the forum.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
chryuop (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-29-2008, 01:19 PM

At you age is hard to know what you really want. I started studying Japanese when I was 12 (more than 20 years ago). I bought some University text books and started alone. Of course for my age was too much alone, but I had learnt alot:writing system, basic conjugations, copula and verbs of existence and some more. Now that I have gone back to Japanese language after 20 years it is not a complete new thing that weighs on my neck...but it is something I am already familiar with.
Don't listen to people who tell you to forget studying online coz between a book and a very well made internet site there is no difference. Without a class you won't get the right fluency or pronunciation, but you can start having the basics of grammar, writing system and build up a good vocabulary.
Then if you think you are really into it you will have time to find a better way to study (hopefully there will be something near you, coz I was not that lucky).
(#17 (permalink))
Old
xxJustMexx (Offline)
...Me?...

10-04-2008, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryuop View Post
At you age is hard to know what you really want. I started studying Japanese when I was 12 (more than 20 years ago). I bought some University text books and started alone. Of course for my age was too much alone, but I had learnt alot:writing system, basic conjugations, copula and verbs of existence and some more. Now that I have gone back to Japanese language after 20 years it is not a complete new thing that weighs on my neck...but it is something I am already familiar with.
Don't listen to people who tell you to forget studying online coz between a book and a very well made internet site there is no difference. Without a class you won't get the right fluency or pronunciation, but you can start having the basics of grammar, writing system and build up a good vocabulary.
Then if you think you are really into it you will have time to find a better way to study (hopefully there will be something near you, coz I was not that lucky).
Yeah I don't get many learning tools for gifts such as books and my family don't have a lot of money but when I get money and get to go out I'll see if I can find a book that can teach me a few things and maybe when I get older I can start going to a class.

Hello I'm:
Not Anti-social
I just hate you
(#18 (permalink))
Old
H3llokiTTY (Offline)
New to JF

Thumbs up Ganbatte - 10-04-2008, 05:40 PM

Hey, don't give up on your interest in Japanese. I am college now and learning japanese on top of ciriculum. It's not easy but it's definitely worth it!
for me, my motivation is to be able to travel to japan alone with no communication problem! For you, perhaps the ability to read original mangas can motivate you to pursue! Ganbatte~
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Snail (Offline)
カタツムリ

Send a message via MSN to Snail
10-04-2008, 05:43 PM

Learning Japanese takes many years to learn and is a great experience. You can get started by reading some beginner books such as Conversational Japanese in 7 Days. That's what I started out with.
Snail
(#20 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

10-05-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxJustMexx View Post
I'm like in love with manga and anime and it's really making me want to learn japanese. Can someone that can speak or write it very well teach me the language? but please someone help me.
I’m very happy to hear that you want you learn Japanese.
If you don’t afford a Japanese conversation school or a class, I recommend you to buy an easy Japanese text book and learn hiragana first.
Do you know what hiragana is?
We use three kinds of letters. Hiragana, katakana and kanji.
Japanese children learn hiragana first.
You can learn hiragana by yourself.
If the text book has CD which tells you the pronunciations, it would really help you.
When you finish hiragana, you can start katakana.
And then, kanji.
Some people use alphabet to write Japanese but it’s not good.
There is a thread which tells you how to make your computer have Japanese letters in General Discussion, How to enable Japanese characters on your PC.
If you have any questions about Japanese, please post it in Japanese Help Questions/Translations ‎.
I wish you will be able to learn Japanese and enjoy it.
Good luck!!!

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP