JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Language Help (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/)
-   -   Need Resources! (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/19552-need-resources.html)

FukaiBi 09-30-2008 07:10 AM

Need Help Please!!

I am 100% dedicated to learning japanese...only my school doesnt teach it so I have to rely on myself and the internet. I have been studying japanese but only since last year so I only know some words here and there! So does anyone have any advice? I mean I don't understand the sentence structure and stuff like that HELP PLEASE!!!:vsign:

OsakaPapa 09-30-2008 07:29 AM

Buy yourself the Genki language textbook. It's the best Japanese textbook out there in my opinion, and take it from there.

FukaiBi 09-30-2008 07:34 AM

Okay Thanx I'll have to look into that! How long have you been studying japanese & how hard do "You" think it is?

enyafriend 09-30-2008 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FukaiBi (Post 597877)
I am 100% dedicated to learning japanese...only my school doesnt teach it so I have to rely on myself and the internet. I have been studying japanese but only since last year so I only know some words here and there! So does anyone have any advice? I mean I don't understand the sentence structure and stuff like that HELP PLEASE!!!:vsign:

You're new to the forum and you're 100% dedicated.

Well, I guess you wouldn't mind spending a little effort in searching across the forum for what you are looking for. The resources and all are everywhere here. All you have to do is reach out to the right thread.

Go on...you're 100% dedicated aren't you? Go!Go!Go!

kaelazors 09-30-2008 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OsakaPapa (Post 597881)
Buy yourself the Genki language textbook. It's the best Japanese textbook out there in my opinion, and take it from there.

i have to agree. i'm using this book in school right now and it's great

FukaiBi 10-01-2008 07:38 AM

Need Help Please!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by enyafriend (Post 597884)
You're new to the forum and you're 100% dedicated.

Well, I guess you wouldn't mind spending a little effort in searching across the forum for what you are looking for. The resources and all are everywhere here. All you have to do is reach out to the right thread.

Go on...you're 100% dedicated aren't you? Go!Go!Go!

OK That's not much help i'm looking for actual resources....you know as in ACTUAL NAMES, SCHOOLS, TEACHERS, & SO ON
I mean anyone can tell me 2 look on a thread but that's no help. but nvm Someone told me about a great teacher.:vsign:

filiadragongurl 10-01-2008 10:50 PM

I personally think Genki is silly, but I guess it's okay if you want to learn teenager Japanese... I just think it's a bad way to *start* learning as once you're grown up, if you want a job in Japan or doing anything professionally with Japanese, sounding like a teenager is *NOT* going to help. Plus, Genki seems more like... random situations that you probably aren't going to end up in often... I mean how many times can you give John a sweater for Valentine's Day! ^_^;

I started Japanese with a textbook called "Japanese The Spoken Language" by Mari Noda and Eleanor Jordan. This starts you out with formal Japanese and things you would need in situations that will often occur in regular life and in the work place.

Even if that particular book is not what you want to start with, I do suggest starting with more formal Japanese and something with a good grammer basis. Good luck^_^

FukaiBi 10-03-2008 07:18 PM

Omg Thanx!!

Lol thanx... that would suck if I got that book!! my mom would be pissed if she had to buy me another book.... i mean i already have 3 LMAO!! :vsign: