LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

10-08-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoyankee View Post
If I may be honest, that sentence is SO wrong that I don't even know where to start correcting it.
Who said you had to?

Anyways, why not just give a suggestion instead of only commenting on how bad the Heru's guess was. I'm sure everyone will produce sentences that are wildly incorrect when learning any language.

I don't mean to seem hostile but I never see the point in bashing someone actually trying to help.

なんでやねん!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-09-2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henbaka View Post
Who said you had to?

Anyways, why not just give a suggestion instead of only commenting on how bad the Heru's guess was. I'm sure everyone will produce sentences that are wildly incorrect when learning any language.

I don't mean to seem hostile but I never see the point in bashing someone actually trying to help.
It's alright if you make a grammatical error when trying to help someone. Someone would surely say "Hey, you made a mistake there"

But when you pass off crap you probably learned from an anime theme song as information, it's bad for the learner. People come to this place to learn facts, not hearsay. If you're that much of a learner, stick to reading threads and making questions, not answering them.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-09-2008, 09:39 PM

From what I have seen on JF, whenever someone puts "I think" in their answer, 95% of the time the Japanese is wrong.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
chryuop (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-10-2008, 12:32 PM

After a while in the forum people start knowing who to trust and whose message don't even read. I developed an instinct to go read the location of the person answering and if it doesn't say Japan I go read the name coz I got to trust very few names in here that don't live in Japan, but showed to know what they are talking about.
I too sometimes try to guess a phrase when people ask...but I make sure that it is well written that the phrase is almost certainly wrong because made by a beginner. It is more a way to test myself than trying to help someone. And if it is not completely wrong, but just some small "imperfection" it can also start a discussion which can be very useful to beginners like me.