JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Language Help (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/)
-   -   Quick Japanese Phrases (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/20779-quick-japanese-phrases.html)

KyoKitty92 11-12-2008 04:09 PM

Quick Japanese Phrases

Ok so everyone is wanting to learn Japanese- and I see threads for that but no threads for just simple phrases for everyday conversation- unless I missed it lol so lets post some phrases on here to help get people started with the language ^_^

goes like this- lets kinda sound out the words so the prononciation will be right. like...because- (bee-cuz)

so lets start with these phrases:

please

thank you

yes

no

do you speak japanese?

do you speak english?

things like that....

SHAD0W 11-12-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyoKitty92 (Post 626230)
Ok so everyone is wanting to learn Japanese- and I see threads for that but no threads for just simple phrases for everyday conversation- unless I missed it lol so lets post some phrases on here to help get people started with the language ^_^.

Theres loads of these threads?!

simple answer to all your questions is go buy a book or go to a class! your local college/university will more than likely run a japanese language class for anyone over the age of 16.

Books: Japanese for dummies, Japanese for busy people, Japanese from zero.
Classes: Google

No thread or forum will get you fluent or even anywhere near basic level japanese.. go to a class or get a book and study study study! I do atleast 30mins a day from my books and my audio lessons i got. I've been doing it for a year now and I know so much already its unbelievable. I can hold full japanese conversations with my class teacher (missmisa will back me on this before anyone starts) for example.

Theres no such thing as "oh i joined a forum now i can say "arigato" so im studying japanese"

Also, if you do join a class, study in between lessons! Theres people who go to my course who just turn up (usually late) and expect to learn but now 3 months in they stare blankly at sensei everytime she talks to them.. Its so obvious that they dont give 2mins thought about japanese language apart from during session.

/rant

Im only saying what everyone else who bought a book and can hold their own is thinking.

KyoKitty92 11-12-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHAD0W (Post 626239)
Theres loads of these threads?!

simple answer to all your questions is go buy a book or go to a class! your local college/university will more than likely run a japanese language class for anyone over the age of 16.

Books: Japanese for dummies, Japanese for busy people, Japanese from zero.
Classes: Google

No thread or forum will get you fluent or even anywhere near basic level japanese.. go to a class or get a book and study study study! I do atleast 30mins a day from my books and my audio lessons i got. I've been doing it for a year now and I know so much already its unbelievable. I can hold full japanese conversations with my class teacher (missmisa will back me on this before anyone starts) for example.

Theres no such thing as "oh i joined a forum now i can say "arigato" so im studying japanese"

Also, if you do join a class, study in between lessons! Theres people who go to my course who just turn up (usually late) and expect to learn but now 3 months in they stare blankly at sensei everytime she talks to them.. Its so obvious that they dont give 2mins thought about japanese language apart from during session.

/rant

Im only saying what everyone else who bought a book and can hold their own is thinking.

Ok um excuse me?....Never did I say that this thread was to be fluent. I said BASIC PHRASES. did you ever think that maybe people dont have money for that kind of stuff? class and books and be pricy. This isnt that kind of thread- Its just if your intersted in knowing how to say a couple things. And I never said anything bout you- if you wana be concieted and talk about how great you are with the language then whatever- but dont do it here- obviously its not a thread to brag. So get off your high horse and shut up. be a little more considerate. If you dont wana post on what I have here- Then find another thread. No one asked you to post here. Its for those interested.

SHAD0W 11-12-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyoKitty92 (Post 626243)
Ok um excuse me?....Never did I say that this thread was to be flueBLAH...

Anyone would know i often post in the real language help thread cuz im stuck myself. I was purely trying to demonstate the power of a book and a bit of revision.

In England, those books cost what? a tenner? (often cheaper if you get them second hand on ebay.. i got japanese for busy people for 6quid) thats a couple of weeks pocket money (lol) at most. Birthdays? Christmas? Come on. Also foriegn language classes are free at most colleges here for 16-18 years and the unemployed.

Chances are since theres already a million threads like this one, you only remade one cuz you wanna know for yourself so my first post in this thread still applies.

KyoKitty92 11-12-2008 11:16 PM

I love how you said HERE and IN ENGLAND what about the people who arent from those countries? This is for people to chat about the language- not you-why dont you just stop posting here?

kenmei 11-12-2008 11:28 PM

Google is your friend

Japanese Words & Phrases

JAPANESE PHRASES

Japanese Language Phrases

Basic Japanese Phrases

Simple Japanese Phrases Archives

enjoy

KyoKitty92 11-13-2008 02:55 PM

*sighs* I know I can look it up on Google....the point was to discuss it here so people can share their knowledge of the language.....It is JapanForum

Keaton421 11-13-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyoKitty92 (Post 626945)
*sighs* I know I can look it up on Google....the point was to discuss it here so people can share their knowledge of the language.....It is JapanForum

Yes, no, and hello in Japanese don't really merit a discussion, do they? Even the average farmer in America knows konnichiwa.

KyoKitty92 11-13-2008 04:14 PM

*sighs again* why is everyone being so difficult? It sonly for discussion- If ya dont agree with wut this thread is about then please dont post here- its rather annoying. Its just that simple- dont post here

SHAD0W 11-13-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyoKitty92 (Post 626982)
*sighs again* why is everyone being so difficult? It sonly for discussion- If ya dont agree with wut this thread is about then please dont post here- its rather annoying. Its just that simple- dont post here

I'd hate to quote myself but I'm only saying what everyone else is thinking. The other two posters previous to mine back this up. Just buy a book for gods sake.