JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
dougbrowne (Offline)
JF Regular

Playstation Home English-Japanese, Japanese-English Learners Club. - 12-14-2008, 12:56 AM

Hello, I and a few of my friends that I have met over Playstation's new service "Home" are creating a club in Playstation Home. English leaning Japanese and Japanese learning English are welcome. For those of you who don't know what Home is, it is a virtual world for PS3 users, similar to secondlife that has just been released to the public on Friday December 12th. I have had Home since August since I was a private beta tester. Within Home is a feature that allows users to create "Clubs". Each club has it's own private clubhouse where it's members can meet. Their is a message board in the clubhouse where club leaders can post messages and news. Also, we can rearrange the furniture in the club, placing chairs, tables, sofas, and much more anywhere we want.

A club can have up to 32 members, so we have limited spots available. The club is in Home's Japan Region, so you will need a Japanese Playstation Network account to get there. If you don't live in Japan you will have to create a Japanese PSN Account. To make a Japanese PSN account, create a new user account on your PS3 and register a new Playstation Network account under that new user. When the registration process asks you what country you are from put Japan. When you are on that PSN account you will be able to log in to Playstaion Home's Japan region. Everything will be in Japanese so if you can not understand what anything says login under US home and learn what does what so when you are in the Japan account you know what to do to get around and use Home's features.

The club is going to be created sometime next week most likely. The reason why I say next week instead of now is because it costs 500 Yen (About $5) to create a club in Home to make up for the server usage, and since we can't use american credit cards to buy it we are awaiting our 5,000 Yen Playstation Network Card to come in the mail ordered from playasia. We will have weekly and/or multi-weekly meeting in the clubhouse where we can share what we have learned, teach each other.

If you are interested in becoming a member of our club, please post a reply to this thread with a little about yourself, your newly created japanese PSN account (or oldly created if you live in japan) and any other information. If your accepted, when the club is created we will send you an invite. Be sure to submit your post soon because as I stated before, spots are highly limited because of the 32 member limit on clubs, and we already have a good bunch of members.
Requirements
-A PS3
-A bluetooth or USB keyboard so you can easily communicate in Home
-(optional)A bluetooth headset so we can chat using voice in Home
-A good enough internet connection to play Home

And thats about it.. If you have any questions/comments, feel free to PM me or reply here.

ありがとう。

ではまた、
ダッグ

Last edited by dougbrowne : 12-19-2008 at 02:59 AM.