JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-20-2008, 09:58 PM

You can plug the English words in a E-J dictionary and those characters will come up. What you haven't done is the other way around.

What happens when you go the other way around? You will find that these concepts are not 100% translatable into a single word, and these characters can mean more than what you are intending.

The character for "faith" also means "truth", "confidence" and "fidelity" among other things. The one for "trust" also means "request". etc.

I don't know how you are going to arrange them, but their proximity to each other can also change the meaning further. The first two are OK, but the last three are odd for tattoos, and a Japanese person looking at them would think you are strange. It might look like you lost your trust in someone and are trying to get it back.

There is nothing wrong with what Captain Thunder posted, but now you got my speal on permanently marking your body with writing you can't read.

Last edited by MMM : 12-20-2008 at 11:12 PM.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
chryuop (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-20-2008, 10:41 PM

Have I seen this thread somewhere before? Or maybe more than one? Is it maybe a fashion and I didn't know?

降り注ぐ雨 マジで冷てぇ
暗闇の中 歩くしかねぇ
everything’s gonna be okay 恐れることねぇ
辛い時こそ胸を張れ
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-20-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryuop View Post
Have I seen this thread somewhere before? Or maybe more than one? Is it maybe a fashion and I didn't know?
There have been several of these.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Redundancy (Offline)
New to JF

12-21-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
"Im posting here after months of research around the symbols.. and the ones that dude posted are matching to what i found countless times.."

I just find it rude that you come asking for our help, then saying it's not good enough.

The fact is, as a guy who can't speak Japanese and had to ask other people for the Kanji, those tattoos really don't represent you, do they?
I apologize if you found it rude,that wasnt my intention at all.. And im gonna have them for myself, im the one who knows what kind of trust or faith they're gonna represent.. All i asked of you guys was to show me the character closest to that meaning.. thats all