JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#141 (permalink))
Old
skotona (Offline)
New to JF

Kanji dictionary. - 08-09-2010, 05:13 AM

Hi!

I've added a japanese kanji dictionary to my site. It allows to search kanji by english translation, "on" and "kun" readings and by kanji itself. It contains joyo, jinmeyo and and some other popular kanji symbols (totally 3270 kanji by now).

Feel free to use it when you need to find kanji for english word, when you know the reading and want to know themeaning or when you have a certain kanji and want to know what it is.

Here it is: Kanji dictionary.

Thanks.

P.S. And another thing. I've set a twitter account to inform people about updates on "Red Finch Japanese Page". More updates coming soon so if you interested in learning japanese you can follow me. For instance i plan to make games for learning japanese words for colors, numbers, animals and others. You can also suggest other updates.

Last edited by skotona : 08-09-2010 at 05:21 AM.
(#142 (permalink))
Old
maaikeblikje (Offline)
New to JF

professional translation software - 08-16-2010, 04:36 PM

Hello,

I would like to know what kinds of translation software professionals use, could be recommended for professional translators Japanese-English.
I looked online and found something called ATLAS, but it is pretty expensive...

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!

Maaike
(#143 (permalink))
Old
V1nn1 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-16-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skotona View Post
Hi!

I've added a japanese kanji dictionary to my site. It allows to search kanji by english translation, "on" and "kun" readings and by kanji itself. It contains joyo, jinmeyo and and some other popular kanji symbols (totally 3270 kanji by now).

Feel free to use it when you need to find kanji for english word, when you know the reading and want to know themeaning or when you have a certain kanji and want to know what it is.

Here it is: Kanji dictionary.

Thanks.

P.S. And another thing. I've set a twitter account to inform people about updates on "Red Finch Japanese Page". More updates coming soon so if you interested in learning japanese you can follow me. For instance i plan to make games for learning japanese words for colors, numbers, animals and others. You can also suggest other updates.
This looks pretty useful. ありがとうございます
(#144 (permalink))
Old
Akihiko (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Akihiko
08-17-2010, 05:24 AM

I own a forum that is biased from an EduFire classroom, and a skype room. We all learn Japanese. Would it be considered a rule violation if I posted some information?
(#145 (permalink))
Old
keeperxiii (Offline)
New to JF

10-04-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akihiko View Post
I own a forum that is biased from an EduFire classroom, and a skype room. We all learn Japanese. Would it be considered a rule violation if I posted some information?
I don't think so, after all, here goes important links for Japanese language resources, so please, do post !

[img]www.img839.imageshack.us/img839/2382/copyoflargebanner555.jpg[/img]
www.2badcompany.blogspot.com
You can visit my DeviantArt page or my Monster Island forum if you like fantasy monsters and creatures (why wouldn't you?).
-----
If my signature is violating any rules I'm sorry but I can't access the sig rules section
(#146 (permalink))
Old
live2love (Offline)
New to JF

11-01-2010, 06:46 AM

Does anyone know of a good Japanese word processor software (not including NJStar)?
(#147 (permalink))
Old
KyokoUK (Offline)
Loving KuranUSA

Send a message via MSN to KyokoUK Send a message via Yahoo to KyokoUK Send a message via Skype™ to KyokoUK
11-10-2010, 10:18 PM

Oh dear...my family has been settled in the UK for so long that I grew up never even hearing Japanese spoken. Now I have tried to start learning and found "NHK World" which has lessons on it and they seem really nice but after reading through this thread it makes me think that I know absolutely nothing about what I am doing and I don't even know if the site I was using is any good. Kanji is so small that with my eye problems I can't even focus on it and having seen it up close, just thinking of trying to learn something like that terrifies me. Actually all I wanted to do was be able to speak politely to people when I finally am able to visit my homeland and being able to watch anime without needing subtitles, again due to my poor eyesight. Now, after reading through this, I'm not sure what I'm doing. I don't even know what hiragana and katakana are and I feel like an idiot now, I feel like like a fish that can't swim. Maybe I should just forget it all and accept that I'm just another rather thick English girl who resembles a Japanese person.

I Defied My Brain And Learned For Myself That Wheelchairs Are Not Always Forever...Music Was A Large Part Of My Healing...Let Music Heal Your Soul.

(#148 (permalink))
Old
Jeshire (Offline)
New to JF

12-21-2010, 10:03 AM

I skimmed through and didn't see this one, so i'll share it. It's good for testing yourself and learning new kanji and vocab.
Renshuu.org
(#149 (permalink))
Old
Jeshire (Offline)
New to JF

12-21-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyokoUK View Post
Oh dear...my family has been settled in the UK for so long that I grew up never even hearing Japanese spoken. Now I have tried to start learning and found "NHK World" which has lessons on it and they seem really nice but after reading through this thread it makes me think that I know absolutely nothing about what I am doing and I don't even know if the site I was using is any good. Kanji is so small that with my eye problems I can't even focus on it and having seen it up close, just thinking of trying to learn something like that terrifies me. Actually all I wanted to do was be able to speak politely to people when I finally am able to visit my homeland and being able to watch anime without needing subtitles, again due to my poor eyesight. Now, after reading through this, I'm not sure what I'm doing. I don't even know what hiragana and katakana are and I feel like an idiot now, I feel like like a fish that can't swim. Maybe I should just forget it all and accept that I'm just another rather thick English girl who resembles a Japanese person.
Sorry for the double-post!
Hey, KyokoUK. Hirigana and Katakana are the Japanese "alphabets". There are
46 basic syllables in each, made of at least one vowel, With the exception of ん, or "n". So, in words like nihonjin, or Japanese (person), the last "n" is it's own syllable.
Learning the kana is almost, if not, essential to learning Japanese. Here's a kana chart for you:
http://www.saiga-jp.com/img/characte...akana_list.gif
(#150 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-21-2010, 03:23 PM

that chart could be useful if enlarged. Maybe have it copied and laminated to put on a wall.

I have some excellent Kana books where you learn to keep copying them to get the correct stroke order.

Many books are available via the NET.

White rabbit series is quite good also.

please do not give up KYOKOUK

It will be so well worth while you learning.

Japanese is your heritage-- that is priceless. GIve it a go.

Hiragana and Katakana Practice — Real Kana this is good site to practice learning the KANA.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 12-22-2010 at 12:32 PM.