JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Language Help (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/)
-   -   Japanese Language Resources (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/2346-japanese-language-resources.html)

samokan 02-11-2007 07:08 AM

Japanese Language Resources

I'm putting this thread to list all possible resourse ( sites ) that can be used in learning the Japanese Language as well as Japan's Culture. So I am requesting everyone to refrain from posting your questions here, but if you have anything to contribute or information to share .. don't hesitate to share them here :ywave:

P.S
I do wish this can be a sticky so that it won't get buried as time goes :D

samokan 02-11-2007 07:11 AM

Japanese Translators

So here's a couple of site that are very useful for translating english to japanese and vice versa.. some of you might have known this site or know a different site , kindly add them :D

1. WWWJDIC: Text/Word Translation
2. Excite
3. AltaVista - Babel Fish Translation

To know how to read the kanji I have been using the first translator. :vsign:

samokan 02-11-2007 07:17 AM

Language Tutorials

This are some of the resources that I am currently using for learning the language. Check them out :

Learn Japanese with Japanesepod101.com
Pera Pera Penguin : Columns : DAILY YOMIURI ONLINE (The Daily Yomiuri)
Japanese Language School - MLC Meguro Language Center (in Tokyo, Japan)
hohgen

:vsign: :ywave:

Gymo 02-11-2007 11:23 PM

omg, thank you for the pera pera, I have been looking for those for a very long time.
http://www.rikai.com/perl/Home.pl <--- a very useful website, when you read the stuff there you can roll over the kanji and see an explanation of the kanji at hand.

xasswuwe 02-12-2007 03:05 AM

Sites that probably appeal to beginners...

(Yay first post!)

I am a beginner to Japanese, and I've spent quite a bit of time looking up websites to help me learn the language, and I have bookmarked just about every single one of them

Teach Yourself Japanese
This is a pretty useful site in my opinion- it explains about the parts of grammar, the pronunciation of each character, and even has sound files (at least for the hirigana).

Japanese phrase of the day (useful Japanese phrases for watching TV) - Nanika omoshiroi no yatteru kana
I am practically in love with about.com, just about everything on japanese.about.com is useful (somewhere on the website there's an explanation on when to use hirigana, katakana, and kanji). (Why I chose to bookmark that particular page, I don't know. I should have bookmarked the Phrase of the Day archive or something.)

Say It in Japanese - Kids Web Japan - Web Japan
I found this useful as well, not the best site, but you can learn quick phrases here. There's really ugly drawings (as this is a website for children) but there's this thing called "Quick Kanji" which is a cute way to memorize some everyday kanji.

TheJapanesePage.com - Learn Japanese for FREE -- How to Wow! with language, culture, kanji, and grammar
The GOD of hirigana tutors, in my opinion. :D There are silly (but dead useful) mnemonics for each character, and with each new hirigana you learn, you learn how to write some everyday words! The best part is the flashcards!!!!!

I really hope that these websites will wind up helping someone :) .

samokan 03-09-2007 02:43 AM

Proficiency Exams:

Business Level
JETRO --> JETRO - BJT Business Japanese Proficiency Test - What is the JOCT?

o7400 03-09-2007 05:17 PM

Learn hiragana and katakana.

Hiragana and katakana drill, learn kana fast and easy!
To learn hiragana and katakana.

Tturtle 03-14-2007 05:52 PM

I have started using Pimsleur audio language programs.
Pimsleur language learning system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I have a copy of Making Out in Japanese by Todd & Erika Geers

Cliopatra 03-14-2007 06:24 PM

wow

thanx yall!

this is gonna help me alot

:phgirl:

Jo_Kittie 03-30-2007 08:58 PM

Can a mod or someone make this a sticky? It's very disturbing to look for it all the time, and It's a very useful thread... Thanks.