JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Language Help (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/)
-   -   Is this readable? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/23596-readable.html)

lucagalbu 03-07-2009 11:23 AM

Is this readable?

Hi! Can you please tell me if my handwriting is understandable?

KyleGoetz 03-07-2009 12:37 PM

Yes. It doesn't look natural, but it's legible.

kirakira 03-07-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleGoetz (Post 681887)
Yes. It doesn't look natural, but it's legible.

Looks good to me, better than my writing lol.

YuriTokoro 03-07-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucagalbu (Post 681879)

Excellent!
Are you studying physics?

lucagalbu 03-07-2009 04:32 PM

Wow!!:)
It's better than what I thought! Also because my"english" handwriting is very ugly!

Quote:

Originally Posted by YuriTokoro
Are you studying physics?

Yes, I am.. I translate some words about what I'm studying into kanjis: that helps me learning them

YuriTokoro 03-08-2009 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucagalbu (Post 681924)
Wow!!:)
It's better than what I thought! Also because my"english" handwriting is very ugly!

Yes, I am.. I translate some words about what I'm studying into kanjis: that helps me learning them

That's a great way to study Japanese.:ywave:

dgls69gt 03-08-2009 01:42 AM

I can't read it.I just can read spanish and english :mtongue: haha

SHAD0W 03-08-2009 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucagalbu (Post 681879)

Beats me dude, even though i practise the stroke orders like my book says. I always go over the lines on my paper with the more complicated ones. even with 書 its always way bigger than the kana.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgls69gt (Post 682044)
I can't read it.I just can read spanish and english :mtongue: haha

Pointless post..?

KyleGoetz 03-09-2009 08:57 PM

Shad0w, my experience with kanji is that when you write the proper stroke order enough times, eventually it becomes muscle memory. That is stage 1 you have surpassed. Then, stage 2 is something akin to being able to write things in proportion without fretting about it. This comes fairly naturally over time. Finally, a stage 3 (these are arbitrary lines I'm drawing, of course) is met, where you are able to fluidly write the kanji properly in every way, and it looks messy like a native's! ;)

Also, when I said it doesn't look natural, perhaps what I should have said was that it doesn't look native. One might even say there is a Stage 4, where you use all the crazy shortcuts real natives use. You can see things closely related to these "shortcuts" I refer to in calligraphy.

Of course, no one writes like calligraphy in real life, but there are some things that are shortcuts for radicals that I've seen people write in everyday life. I don't consider myself native enough to use these—I'd possibly use one incorrectly! :)