JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
Remembering the Kana - 03-24-2009, 12:07 AM

Ok, I have this as an e-book, but it's really confusing to me? I started reading at the beginning, and read through the introduction of the Hiragana, and once I got to "Lesson 1", I was entirely confused, I had no idea what to do? It's like there isn't any instruction at all??? Please help
(#2 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-24-2009, 12:10 AM

POINTLESS BOOK

Google a kana table, copy it out, try again without looking, do it again and again untill you can do it without looking and hey presto you know kana in less than a week.

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SceptileMaster (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-24-2009, 12:15 AM

Learn Japanese Online - Hiragana Katakana

That's a great site for kana as it has lot's of words in romaji to translate as you go as practise. It shouldn't take you more than a few days with the aid of this site as long as you get your head down into it.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

03-24-2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SceptileMaster View Post
Learn Japanese Online - Hiragana Katakana

That's a great site for kana as it has lot's of words in romaji to translate as you go as practise. It shouldn't take you more than a few days with the aid of this site as long as you get your head down into it.
No.. that game really isn't any good.. Sorry.

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#5 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
03-24-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
POINTLESS BOOK

Google a kana table, copy it out, try again without looking, do it again and again untill you can do it without looking and hey presto you know kana in less than a week.
Agreed 100%. These links will also provide more efficient practice than some lame ebook:

Hiragana: hiragana-timer
Katakana: katakana

猿も木から落ちる
(#6 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
03-24-2009, 12:25 AM

@Shadow, I'm kinda confused as to what you mean by that first post, and also I could use a link to a well organized kana chart plz ) most of the one's I've found are incomplete

oops, I didn't see Alan's post

Last edited by darksyndrem : 03-24-2009 at 12:32 AM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

03-24-2009, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
Hiragana: hiragana-timer
Katakana: katakana
I wouldnt even use them links.

http://www.japanorama.com/images/hiragana.gif
http://www.japanorama.com/images/katakana.gif

Print them off.
get a blank piece of paper and copy out あいうえお, then try do it again without looking. keep going till you can, then add かきくけこ untill you can write
あいうえお
かきくけこ

Without looking, then add さしすせそ etc and keep going untill you can do both tables. This method has gotten many people able to write freely in less than a week.

Forget books, forget "online learning games" and all that crap - just get on with it. The rest is gonna have some English/Romaji attached and you don't need any of that.

All Japanese All The Time Dot Com: How to learn Japanese. On your own, having fun and to fluency.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
SceptileMaster (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-24-2009, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
No.. that game really isn't any good.. Sorry.
Why not? Anyhoo it's more the work book that's good because it has space to practise on them. The main problem with charts is: no stroke order. Which is why I like the website. Plus reinforcing what you've learnt by making you use it seems like a good idea to me.

Although what really reinforced and imrpoved my reading speed for kana was, each time I learnt a new set of vocabulary I'd write it out in hiragana and if at all possible use learning resources that had the vocab in hiragana, or even better, furigana.