JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
samunique (Offline)
New to JF

Help! - 04-18-2009, 10:12 AM

What is the difference betweenここに And ここで?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-18-2009, 10:18 AM

The third character.

ここに is like "to here" ( に as a particle means to/on/at/for)

going to this place

ここで is like "in here" ( で as a particle is in/by/with/at)

in this place.

Thats how i read it anywhoo (i hope im right )

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me

Last edited by SHAD0W : 04-18-2009 at 10:22 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

04-18-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samunique View Post
What is the difference betweenここに And ここで?
The difference is a rather important one. Each takes different verbs.

ここ > 来る、行く、ある、いる、住む、滞在(たいざい )する、泊(と)まる + not too many others. In Japanese, these are considered "stationary verbs". One doesn't actively do something.

ここ > All the other verbs. "Action verbs". 買う、売る、遊ぶ、見る、書く、読む、勉強する、作る , etc. The list goes on forever.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-18-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoyankee View Post
The difference is a rather important one. Each takes different verbs.

ここ > 来る、行く、ある、いる、住む、滞在(たいざい )する、泊(と)まる + not too many others. In Japanese, these are considered "stationary verbs". One doesn't actively do something.

ここ > All the other verbs. "Action verbs". 買う、売る、遊ぶ、見る、書く、読む、勉強する、作る , etc. The list goes on forever.

Ahh. I wondered why.. I never really questioned it.. I just seemed to know which to put where

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#5 (permalink))
Old
chryuop (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-18-2009, 12:37 PM

Instead of ここに and ここで (which in Italian is our way of saying the hen's cry LOL just a curiosity) try to concentrate more on the difference between に and で. Understanding now the difference between these 2 particles is very important.
It is very confusing saying に=to and で=at, because it is not always true. With a location, basically で shows the place where an action is taking place. Like Nagoyankeeさん pointed out に is used with stationary verbs, but don't let that fool you (like it did to me in the beginning). With stationary it is not mean no movement, but not an action which takes place in that location. So for example:
eating at a restaurant or going to the restaurant use different particles. レストランで食べる and レストランに行く, where in the first case at the location you do the action of eating, while in the second case it shows the destination. So for example, if we were at the restaurant we could say ここで食べる or ここに来た, where we eat here thus here use で, but we arrived here thus being final destination uses に.
In Nagoyankeeさん's list there were also real stationary verbs such exist (ある and いる) or to live (住む). This for student can be kinda confusing (it was for me and in some cases still is), because I guess they aplly to the verb a general idea, so you are not doing anything particular in that location. But for example for the verb wait (待つ) you will see that they use で. I think they see more the particolar action done in that moment compared the general idea that for example can give the verb live (住む).

This is just a general guideline, of course you will need to look into it much deeper and hopefully you will grasp the concet better than I do
Good Luck.

降り注ぐ雨 マジで冷てぇ
暗闇の中 歩くしかねぇ
everything’s gonna be okay 恐れることねぇ
辛い時こそ胸を張れ

Last edited by chryuop : 04-18-2009 at 12:53 PM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
samunique (Offline)
New to JF

ありがと - 04-18-2009, 02:10 PM

皆さん、どもありがとうございました!