JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
popster (Offline)
New to JF

recommendations for electronic dictionary - 04-19-2009, 08:51 AM

After living in Japan for 4 months, I decided it's time for an electronic dictionary.

I am a beginner but can read Hiragana/Katakana and only understand about 20 Kanji characters.

I will be living in Japan for 20+ years.

The electronic shops in Tokyo are geared for Japanese speakers learning English. My dilemma is the opposite. I am a native English speaker from the US who wants to learn Japanese.

The most suitable electronic dictionary that I found thus far is the Wordpod GT-5200.

If anybody has this particular electronic dictionary, I would love to hear from you.

In addition, I would love to hear from any of you beginning japanese speakers who recently purchased an electronic dictionary. The word tank seems very popular among Japanese. Again, I am an American who is interested in learning Japanese.

Thanks

Mike Pop
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Hellkite (Offline)
Finally, in LOVE!

Send a message via MSN to Hellkite Send a message via Yahoo to Hellkite Send a message via Skype™ to Hellkite
04-19-2009, 10:59 AM

Hi^^

I also wanted an electronic dictionary as I am going to Japan already since next year.
And I bought ine in Austria for 210 Euros, the mark is Franklin.

I hae looked around and really saw that Franklin sells good electronic dictionaries or also Langenscheid or Pons.

Japan, I come next year!! wohooo!!