JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Deerchan (Offline)
New to JF

Need translator to help work on manga project! - 06-03-2009, 05:21 AM

Kotobuki Scanlations is starting work on the manga series The Fashion Boy is Cool (Oshare Kozou wa Hanamaru), and needs a translator. This project will be starting up within a couple weeks. All the pages will be scanned for you; you'll just need to write a script of what they say. If you are a strong speaker of Japanese, consider helping translate this romantic shoujo 10-volume series. You can help work on as many or few volumes as you choose. This is a non-profit for-fun group project. If this sounds like something that would interest you, send an email my way.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
jesselt (Offline)
弱肉強食

06-03-2009, 05:34 AM

I'm always curious about these translators who want to translate lengthy texts for free.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-03-2009, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesselt View Post
I'm always curious about these translators who want to translate lengthy texts for free.
It's usually people who are fans of the title or amateur translators that want to build a resume.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

06-03-2009, 07:33 AM

Or amateurs who want some practice. I almost did it one time for this reason back at university, but lack of free time (double major in abstract math and Japanese while working extracurriculars to get into a top law school) prevented it.

Having a role relied upon by others is great motivation to actually do something. This is a good way to force yourself to practice Japanese.