JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Language Help (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/)
-   -   Need a quick translation (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/25676-need-quick-translation.html)

KyoSun 06-05-2009 10:11 AM

Need a quick translation

Hi Guys :) ,
My first post here. Wondering If someone can help me out. I'm trying to set up an order from a Japanese website and purchase it through dankedanke.com. However there is something on the order page that is confusing me..

お名前

お名前(フリガナ)

This first one I'm sure is asking for my name..but the second one? I suspect it's asking for the person who is going to sign for the package or is it just asking for my name again? any help would be greatly appreciated. It's kind of urgent. :confused:

VampireGirl1314 06-05-2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyoSun (Post 729529)
Hi Guys :) ,
My first post here. Wondering If someone can help me out. I'm trying to set up an order from a Japanese website and purchase it through dankedanke.com. However there is something on the order page that is confusing me..

お名前

お名前(フリガナ)

This first one I'm sure is asking for my name..but the second one? I suspect it's asking for the person who is going to sign for the package or is it just asking for my name again? any help would be greatly appreciated. It's kind of urgent. :confused:

お名前

お名前(フリガナ)

is

Name
name [hurigana]

i think it is showing you an example.

kenshiromusou 06-05-2009 10:19 AM

Friend, I guess it asks the name in furigana -I don't think you'll need to fill it out, coz your name is occidental, right?
I think you dont need to convert your name to kana, its just because kanjis has several meanings.
Sorry, VampireGirl1314 was faster.

VampireGirl1314 06-05-2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenshiromusou (Post 729532)
Friend, I guess it asks the name in furigana -I don't think you'll need to fill it out, coz your name is occidental, right?
I think you dont need to convert your name to kana, its just because kanjis has several meanings.
Sorry, VampireGirl1314 was faster.

thats okay im still learning.>.<
ive been googling japanese things all night.:p

kenshiromusou 06-05-2009 10:25 AM

hahaah, I am learning too.
Please, don't trust in nothing I write.

VampireGirl1314 06-05-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenshiromusou (Post 729538)
hahaah, I am learning too.
Please, don't trust in nothing I write.

maybe you could help me learn some japanese?

Im gonna need it for this summer in the university.>^_^<

*i have a language test.>.<*

kenshiromusou 06-05-2009 10:32 AM

With my pathetic level, I never could help you.
But there are incredible people here, natives and no-natives that surely can help you.

VampireGirl1314 06-05-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenshiromusou (Post 729542)
With my pathetic level, I never could help you.
But there are incredible people here, natives and no-natives that surely can help you.

bleh, I'm sure they arent as cool as you.:p

and besides i dont really know anything of japanese yet.>.<

VampireGirl1314 06-05-2009 10:42 AM

here is a nice blog ive been looking at,
i wish there were more like it.>^_^<

CultureWizard Blog

KyoSun 06-05-2009 10:44 AM

thnx!!!

sorry to interrupt guys :p
but i think I get what you're saying. I Guess I'll just leave the 2nd box out and just fill the 1st one. Thanks a LOT for the help. :ywave: