LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

07-10-2009, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Do you want a translation of your Japanese into English or you English into Japanese?

The Japanese into English doesn't make sense. There are too many mistakes.
It's more than "too many mistakes." There's no way this sentence could possibly mean what is posted. "kurisu"? "tayo"? "koseno"?

Heck, I thought it was someone attempting to call himself "The Sun" Chris.

Arfer Where the heck did you get this "Japanese"?
(#12 (permalink))
Old
arfer (Offline)
New to JF

07-10-2009, 12:06 PM

Hello again,
So, this sentence was translate by my friend but I from Poland and polish is so different from english and japanese but I thought that this have sense;
Ok now I know that my friend was transleting this by IM Translator and in original Japanese its:

私は午前のタイプを孤立

and he change this for Watashiwa koseno "tayo" kurisu. He thought that its correct. He wanted to say "I am a solitary type"

And now I have request for you. Someone who speak Japanese could translate it for Japanese for me? I mean translate it correctly

Thanks for all help, I hope you understand everything what i wrote, you can also correct my english errors cause I'm just starting learning english
(#13 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

07-10-2009, 03:23 PM

What your friend said is grammatically incorrect, uses wrong vocabulary (he included the word for "A.M." in his sentence), and has no verb.

What he said reads sort of like "I isolation A.M. types." And transliterated to English, it is "Wata(ku)shi wa gozen no taipu wo koritsu." You could be forgiving and assume he meant "koritsu suru" and not just "koritsu," which would change the meaning to something like "I am isolated the A.M. types." Still grammatically incorrect, as he has provided an object to the verb when the verb takes no object.

Try
(私は)孤独なタイプだ。
(Watashi wa) kodoku na taipu da.

Last edited by KyleGoetz : 07-10-2009 at 03:27 PM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
arfer (Offline)
New to JF

07-10-2009, 05:49 PM

Ok thank you KyleGoetz!
Are you Japanese or you learning this language?

I have just only one question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyavifan View Post
I thought it was pretty simple to understand. watashi was means, I. it has nothing to do with the word, is, as far as I know. To state that something is something, you need the word desu, from what I know.
So why you didnt use desu in your translation?
(#15 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

07-10-2009, 07:47 PM

I'm not Japanese, but I'm fairly good at the language. I've spoken it well for over five years, although I can sometimes make mistakes. This is such an easy translation, I'm 99% sure I'm correct.

I used だ rather than です because you did not specify the level of formality required, so I chose one. だ and です mean the same thing, but they carry different levels of formality.

The breakdown of my sentence is
(I-topic) solitary-ADJ type copula-plain.
Effectively, it is
I solitary type am.