JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
jesselt (Offline)
弱肉強食

08-09-2009, 07:08 PM

It is not necessary to take everything you say and type it up in Japanese, much less Romaji which no one bothers to read anyways.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
GTJ (Offline)
Defeater of Weaboos

Send a message via Skype™ to GTJ
08-09-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesselt View Post
It is not necessary to take everything you say and type it up in Japanese, much less Romaji which no one bothers to read anyways.
Quoted for truth.

Not to mention everything they just said has been stated several times already in this thread.

光る物全て金ならず。
なんてしつけいいこいいけつしてんな。
(#33 (permalink))
Old
PocketRockets285 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to PocketRockets285
08-12-2009, 08:54 PM

Well, I started out using a 'Teach Yourself Japanese' CD and book - that lasted about two weeks, then I realised I needed MORE, so I enrolled at the local technical college for night schooling in Japanese

I got my NCFE certificate, realised I needed MORE, so I enrolled for a one-year night school course in further Japanese

I got my GCSE certificate, realised I needed MORE, but found out that the college wasn't offering A-level courses in Japanese

So I advertised locally for a language swap buddy - that was pretty fun for two years, but now Mayumi has returned to Japan and I'm back doing self-study while I look for a new language swap buddy...

The important thing is to PRACTISE - if you don't use it, you lose it!
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-13-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesselt View Post
Um... I read it.

I'm studying Japanese and although it's romaji.. I think it's good practice... for him and for me.

How about next time you just ignore it.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
KaiTea (Offline)
Stuck man.

08-14-2009, 03:54 PM

For anyone who is self-studying... all I can wish is good luck!

I've tried and I am the type of person that needs a class structure with me messing up and embarrassment to continue learning and reinforce the topics I've learned.

Hopefully next year, I can enroll in a university, spend a lot of money I don't have, and be just a small step closer to having a decent grasp of the Japanese language.

Then from there... who knows. How can one, without a lot of working experience, find a job in Japan that caters to English and Japanese? I give people a lot of respect who can go from one foreign country to the next and find jobs... even make a living without being fluent in the language.