JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
KokoroZukai (Offline)
New to JF

Easy and Fast Way to Learn Japanese - 08-14-2009, 02:37 AM

Ok, so I've seen so many people struggling to learn Japanese fast and easy. They have tried tons of resources, become discouraged, and often give up. I learned Japanese fluently in under two years, so i thought id share some of the programs and resources i used. They will all help you a great deal, and make it fun and easy.

The resources i used included, Nakama, Human Japanese, Power Japanese, Rosetta Stone, and Pimsleur. I wrote a detailed review on each of these and how they will help you learn. You can read my overview of all these programs here:

What You Need to Learn Japanese: Top 5 Programs to Learn Japanese FAST and EASY

let me know if you have any questions or need help learning. Im currently a Japanese Major at UCLA
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-14-2009, 03:02 AM

Of course you should struggle if you are trying to learn Japanese "fast and easy". As a translator I wouldn't trust anyone that learned Japanese "fast and easy" just as I wouldn't want a doctor who studied medicine "fast and easy" or a lawyer who studied law "fast and easy".

Learning how to speak and read Japanese is not like learning how to play a new video game. It is practically a lifestyle choice. It becomes a career in and of itself, and for those that stick with it, it can be the most satisfying choice of one's life.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Deviruu (Offline)
オワタ!

08-14-2009, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Learning how to speak and read Japanese is not like learning how to play a new video game. It is practically a lifestyle choice. It becomes a career in and of itself, and for those that stick with it, it can be the most satisfying choice of one's life.
Oh my. You're just truly inspiring me more and more to learn.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
KokoroZukai (Offline)
New to JF

08-15-2009, 09:36 AM

umm..ok? I didn't direct this post for people who wanted to become translators. Also, I didnt say that it is possible to learn the entire language fast and easy. I simply offered these resources for beginners who have a hard time grasping the basic. Thus, my intention was to offer a variety of programs that make the BASICS of Japanese as fast and easy as possible. Not EVERYONE wants to become a translator like yourself, so try to understand thet it IS possible to learn essential Japanese fast and easy.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

08-15-2009, 10:44 AM

@KokoroZukai

ゴチャゴチャ言い訳してないで実際に「素早く簡単に」 学んだって主張してるあなた自身の日本語力がどれくら いのものなのかをJFのメンバーにこの場で見せてあげ た方が手っ取り早いんじゃないの?その方が説得力があ ると思うんだけど、どうだろう。もしこれくらいの日本 語が読み書きできないのなら、たとえ冗談でも日本語は 簡単だと言わないでほしいな。勘違いするメンバーも出 てくるからね。ぜひ早いうちに数行書いてみてください 。
(#6 (permalink))
Old
packetpirate (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to packetpirate Send a message via MSN to packetpirate Send a message via Skype™ to packetpirate
08-15-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KokoroZukai View Post
Also, I didnt say that it is possible to learn the entire language fast and easy.
Quote:
What You Need to Learn Japanese: Top 5 Programs to Learn Japanese FAST and EASY
Yes, you did...

俺はサゲだ!
これが読みません。
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-15-2009, 01:03 PM

I think the Callan Method would be a good way to give people the basics very quickly. It's a visual method in the early stages and the vocab gets absorbed quickly.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
KokoroZukai (Offline)
New to JF

08-15-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packetpirate View Post
Yes, you did...
lol. I see that you lack the ability to read my entire post. I stated multiple times that it was direct towards beginners. Nowhere did i state that you can learn the entire language, nor did I in the actual blog
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-15-2009, 01:17 PM

That's a good point, Sweetheart (KokoroZukai). The foundations are key in Japanese and they cannot be skipped by any fasttrack method. There are many methods for beginners, Callan being one of them.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
KokoroZukai (Offline)
New to JF

08-15-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanus View Post
That's a good point, Sweetheart (KokoroZukai). The foundations are key in Japanese and they cannot be skipped by any fasttrack method. There are many methods for beginners, Callan being one of them.
I have never heard of that one, but thax, i'll definitely look into it
Closed Thread