JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

投げたら戻ってきそうな「ひらがな」ベスト5 - 02-22-2010, 06:06 AM

Found a good video of comedian バカリズム, which Japanese-learners may find interesting. I don't want to explain much beforehand. You guys can just watch it and ask questions or make comments later on.

Thread title, which is also the title of the first half of the comedy, means "The top 5 hiragana that look like they will come back if you throw them."

The last half is called "100円玉がとりにくそうな「漢字」ベスト5", meaning "The top 5 kanji that make it hard for you to reach the 100-yen coin".

A key word is 最下位(さいかい)= the last place in the rankings.

Hope you enjoy this but one never knows as humor isn't always universal.

(#2 (permalink))
Old
yumyumtimtam (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-22-2010, 12:42 PM

Thank you Mr.Sashimi
I really enjoyed it, and so did my mum!
(Im at my parent's place today)

We dind't know about the comedian バカリズム

I just loved 園 !
(I thought #1 would be 回)

"The top 5 hiragana that look like they will come back if you throw them."
く へ ひ し ん

I think he is right.
Well...I think the top 6-11 would be like...

て ろ る そ と ゆ

What do you think?

and I want to use の when I play with my dog at the park!
のshould be good for a frisbee!

How about the top 5 katakana (or the alphabet?) that look like they will come back if you throw them?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

02-22-2010, 03:33 PM

Thanks, Sashimister. That was hilarious! The #1 ひらがな was hilarious. The timing and delivery were perfect. I won't say anymore to avoid spoiling the funny.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

02-23-2010, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumyumtimtam View Post
Thank you Mr.Sashimi
I really enjoyed it, and so did my mum!
(Im at my parent's place today)

We dind't know about the comedian バカリズム
Glad to hear you and your mom liked it. バカリズム is a very funny comedian, but he doesn't appear on TV much because his style isn't main stream.

Quote:
I just loved 園 !
(I thought #1 would be 回)
I did, too. And yes, 回 would also be a good one.

Quote:
and I want to use の when I play with my dog at the park!
のshould be good for a frisbee!
Right, a の-shaped frisbee would work fine.

Quote:
How about the top 5 katakana (or the alphabet?) that look like they will come back if you throw them?
Maybe フ・ヘ・ユ・レ・ナ? For alphabet, C・J・L・S・U・W, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGoetz View Post
Thanks, Sashimister. That was hilarious! The #1 ひらがな was hilarious. The timing and delivery were perfect. I won't say anymore to avoid spoiling the funny.
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping the more serious learners like yourself would find it funny!

Last edited by Sashimister : 02-23-2010 at 04:51 AM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
duo797 (Offline)
異議あり!

Send a message via AIM to duo797
02-23-2010, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashimister View Post
For alphabet, C・J・L・S・U・W, etc?
I would say that 'V' might be a better choice than 'S'. Also, I laughed at this video too. Part of it was because of the delivery, part of it was because of the ridiculousness of the topic, and part because I actually understood it. Edit: My favorite part was probably the drawing of the guy trying to throw な.
Double edit: My friend brought up an excellent point. This humor seems very similar to the english comedian Dmitry Martin. Just thought I'd bring it up if any Japanese speakers were interested in an english version of this kind of comedy. "A power nap is when you sleep on someone weaker than you"

Last edited by duo797 : 02-23-2010 at 03:33 AM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

02-23-2010, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duo797 View Post
I would say that 'V' might be a better choice than 'S'. Also, I laughed at this video too. Part of it was because of the delivery, part of it was because of the ridiculousness of the topic, and part because I actually understood it. Edit: My favorite part was probably the drawing of the guy trying to throw な.
Yes, of course! How could I forget the ol' boomerang-shaped V!?

バカリズム is known for his somewhat surrealistic comedy. He does all the drawings himself as well.

I laughed hardest when, while doing the , he said "the corners are welded so you need to call a pro to open it."
(#7 (permalink))
Old
duo797 (Offline)
異議あり!

Send a message via AIM to duo797
02-23-2010, 04:01 AM

If you like this, you should definitely check out Demitri Martin. Me and a friend concluded that their comedy style is almost exactly the same. YouTube - Demetri Martin - Large Pad

Also, I checked out another sketch, トツギーン. I didn't understand the punch line most of the time, but I did laugh when he said こくぎいん instead of トツギーン.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
delacroix01 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-23-2010, 04:45 AM

Lol, this was hilarious. I really like the part when he talked about throwing な The Kanji part was funny too.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

02-23-2010, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duo797 View Post
If you like this, you should definitely check out Demitri Martin. Me and a friend concluded that their comedy style is almost exactly the same. YouTube - Demetri Martin - Large Pad

Also, I checked out another sketch, トツギーン. I didn't understand the punch line most of the time, but I did laugh when he said こくぎいん instead of トツギーン.
Thanks for introducing Martin. I agree, the two share a lot in thier style.

Okay, that is トツギー. That is a classic by Bakarizumu which earned him national attention. It's only natural that you didn't get most of the punch lines because he forms his own conjugation in that comedy, ending every phrase with ”ーノ”, creating a unique rhythm.

嫁(とつ)ぐ means "(for a woman) to marry someone".

嫁ぎーの means "She is getting married."

こくぎ = 国技 = national sport = sumo

I'm adding a video for others that might enjoy the トツギーノ.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

02-23-2010, 06:56 AM

My favorite Japanese comedian who was popular when I lived there was the guy who does パペットマペット. I guess he goes by the name 黒子?
http://www.puppetmuppet.com/information/
パペットマペット - Wikipedia
I remember how excited I was to find a Japanese comedian whose language I could understand!

I also saw a show once that had two or three women of about middle age. I think one was named Naoko. It was so funny—they had a lot of funny skits. It reminded me a lot of the Carol Burnet Show (a very famous comedy and variety show in the US). I got the sense they were famous comediennes.

Man, this routine is so frigging hilarious: YouTube - パペットマペット
I understood about 70% of it the first time through, and I struggle to pick up a few random words here and there. But 70% is a good amount to understand in a comedy routine. It's definitely enough to laugh out loud!