JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
celephais (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to celephais
103 Kanji? - 02-22-2010, 10:46 AM

OK, since no one wanted to reply to my question about the kanji for the JLPT Level N5/JLPT 4, I did some digging around. I finally found that it requires 103 (rather than 80) kanji.
I never did give them a good look, but my white rabbit kanji study cards for levels 4 and 3 and have all 103 cards for level 4. I'm checking them against an "official" list at the moment. I've looked at those cards so much over the past few days - I should know all of them by now!
Anyone else use the white rabbit kanji study cards? What's your opinion of them? Good? Bad? Ugly?
Thanks all!
Amanda
(#2 (permalink))
Old
StueyT (Offline)
JF Regular

02-22-2010, 10:51 AM

Personally, for me they are a good refresher tool. But I find it alot easier to study with a book such Basic Kanji Book which builds on what you have learnt and introduces new vocab based on the Kanji learnt in previous chapters.

That, as well as entering new vocab (written in kanji) into Anki and practising that way too

広島市は一番!
My Flickr
(#3 (permalink))
Old
celephais (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to celephais
02-22-2010, 01:35 PM

I'm studying with the cards for basic meanings as well as a book for writing practice and another book for learning the readings and more in-depth meanings.
I'm starting off slow (not a very quick learner - need lots of reinforcement) at 5 new Kanji per week. I have been doing this for several months. I got Anki and I've been putting the kanji themselves in one deck, and the 6 example compounds from the White Rabbit cards and any other places that I see the Kanji used, like in other books into another deck. Quite helpful!
Thanks for your input StueyT!
Amanda

Last edited by celephais : 02-22-2010 at 01:45 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

02-22-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celephais View Post
I'm studying with the cards for basic meanings as well as a book for writing practice and another book for learning the readings and more in-depth meanings.
I'm starting off slow (not a very quick learner - need lots of reinforcement) at 5 new Kanji per week. I have been doing this for several months. I got Anki and I've been putting the kanji themselves in one deck, and the 6 example compounds from the White Rabbit cards and any other places that I see the Kanji used, like in other books into another deck. Quite helpful!
Thanks for your input StueyT!
Amanda
Input the contents of the kanji cards into a computer program called Anki. Use that to do the flashcarding, not physical cards. You will learn better because:
1. typing the cards into Anki helps you learn the contents; and
2. Anki shows you the cards in an order that maximizes your learning/memorization.

Make sure you practice writing them, too, since there is a writing portion!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
StueyT (Offline)
JF Regular

02-22-2010, 04:44 PM

I double that, I forgot to put it in my last post that practicing the Kanji, in correct stroke order, helps SO SO MUCH. Don't skip on that part

広島市は一番!
My Flickr
(#6 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

02-22-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StueyT View Post
I double that, I forgot to put it in my last post that practicing the Kanji, in correct stroke order, helps SO SO MUCH. Don't skip on that part
You've misspelled エディンバラ in your profile: エディンバラ - Wikipedia