JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Nokutetsu (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Nokutetsu
My questions thread - 03-14-2010, 04:07 PM

As reccomended, I thought I'd post all my questions in one thread. It also means I can track my progress. Because I don't have a lot of resources to learning the language, I'm always extremely nervous as I'm learning from here: JLPT LEVEL4 GRAMMAR JLPT Grammar list E-Japanese.jp. And am pretty much left to figure out the rest myself.

So I'm aware my grammar is probably extremely bad...which is why I'm here to ask for help. If anything is wrong (even slightly or extremely) I'd like to ask you be nice about it no matter how stupid a mistake it is. Thankyou

This has been looked over/ answered and corrected. Thankyou <3 look to the most recent post for my newest question.

Ahh, the internet. Where men are men, women are men, and 14 year old girls are FBI agents.

Last edited by Nokutetsu : 03-16-2010 at 01:04 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
hatsuto11 (Offline)
阿邪美能伊理比売

03-14-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokutetsu View Post
As reccomended, I thought I'd post all my questions in one thread. It also means I can track my progress. Because I don't have a lot of resources to learning the language, I'm always extremely nervous as I'm learning from here: JLPT LEVEL4 GRAMMAR JLPT Grammar list E-Japanese.jp. And am pretty much left to figure out the rest myself.

So I'm aware my grammar is probably extremely bad...which is why I'm here to ask for help. If anything is wrong (even slightly or extremely) I'd like to ask you be nice about it no matter how stupid a mistake it is. Thankyou

So...my first question, is me testing what I've learned over the past month or two. I've not finished all the JLPT4 grammar, but I'm wondering if anyone could read over these sentences below and tell me what mistakes there are in them and why, and how to fix them.

(Also, on the computer I'm using I can't use Japanese scripts at the moment. Sorry for the romaji)

Watashi wa ashita gakkou ni iku tsumori desu.
Watashi wa benkyo suru noga heta desu.
Watashi wa utau noga suki desu, demo gita to duramu suru noga jozu desu.
Watashitachi wa asatte shinjuku no eki ni ikitai deshou.
Terebi o mite mo ii desu ka?
Sumimasen, harajuku hashi ga doko ni arimasu ka?
Watashi no kuruma no houga jitensha yori hayai desu.
Tabemasen ka, ne?
Matte Kudasai, Yonde kudasai, mitte kudasai, tabete kudasai.
Are kuroi densha wa furui desu ka?
Watashi wa ringo o tabetakunakatta.
Anata mo ginkokujin desu ka?
Ren-san ga kuruma no naka deshita.
Eigakan ni ikimashou ka?
Watashi wa chizu o yomu tsumori desu.
Furansu no houga America yori chiisai desu.
Anata wa no houga watashi yori furui desu.
this one is senseless: Watashi wa utau noga suki desu, demo gita to duramu suru noga jozu desu.
mitte kudasai (do not double the te)=mite kudasai* (miru is a godan doushi and not ichidan, so you should treat it like that)
Are kuroi densha wa furui desu ka?= ano kuroi.......**
Anata mo ginkokujin desu ka? (what do ya mean by ginkoku????)
Anata wa no houga watashi yori furui desu (you shoudl drop the wa because you cannot use 2 particles directly one after the other the way you did in that sentence)
Watashi wa ringo o tabetakunakatta: this one is correct but kinda meaningless. what do ya mean you didn't wanna eat an apple? it is sort of incomplete, i mean, i think u'd better not use it alone:S

大日本帝國に戻りたい!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
hatsuto11 (Offline)
阿邪美能伊理比売

03-14-2010, 04:50 PM

BTW, that website has plenty of mistakes! both in English and Japanese so it cannot be considered reliable although it teaches all of the grammar you need to pass JLPT level 4.

大日本帝國に戻りたい!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Nokutetsu (Offline)
JF Regular

03-14-2010, 05:32 PM

Thankyou! And yeah, I noticed some mistakes on it, so with most points what I'll do is try and google it for lessons after I get the basic idea from the website. It's mainly used as the list of points I need.

Ah, sorry. I meant gaikokujin. And the last sentence was meant out of context, to be used in any sitation. I was just wondering if I was gramatically correct. But thankyou very much Hatsuto.
---------------------------------------------------

Okay, moving on. I just learned the 'ya' function, like 'ect'. So I'm wondering if these sentences I've made make sense.

Watashi wa kinou nihon no biiru ya osake o nomimashita.
Watashi wa gyuniku ya toriniku o tabemasu.
Watashi wa Furansu ya Doitsu ni ikimashita.

Ahh, the internet. Where men are men, women are men, and 14 year old girls are FBI agents.

Last edited by Nokutetsu : 03-14-2010 at 10:49 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

03-15-2010, 02:37 PM

I hate to butt in but I really think it only fair to inform you in case you hadn't noticed that the native speakers and the more advanced Japanese-learners on JF tend not to respond to romaji questions.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
hatsuto11 (Offline)
阿邪美能伊理比売

03-15-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashimister View Post
I hate to butt in but I really think it only fair to inform you in case you hadn't noticed that the native speakers and the more advanced Japanese-learners on JF tend not to respond to romaji questions.
I don't like to use such expressions "advanced......". they show pride:S i think that romaji is the means to learn the real Japanese script although i hate it. Still, if they are advanced, i think they should help beginners even if they use romaji.

大日本帝國に戻りたい!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

03-15-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatsuto11 View Post
I don't like to use such expressions "advanced......". they show pride:S i think that romaji is the means to learn the real Japanese script although i hate it. Still, if they are advanced, i think they should help beginners even if they use romaji.
You speak as if romaji was an option for writing Japanese. It isn't. Romaji will get you nowhere, period.

Just look at the first line of my signature. If that looks terrible to you, which it should, you should be informed that that's how romaji looks to us Japanese.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

03-15-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashimister View Post
You speak as if romaji was an option for writing Japanese. It isn't. Romaji will get you nowhere, period.

Just look at the first line of my signature. If that looks terrible to you, which it should, you should be informed that that's how romaji looks to us Japanese.
Ignore him. Hatsuto tends not to listen to reason from people with skills.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Nokutetsu (Offline)
JF Regular

03-15-2010, 05:40 PM

I'm sorry, but I also stated in my OP that the computer I'm using doesn't have Japanese scripts on it, and since this isn't my computer I can't install them.

I suppose, though, if it really is so important (which I can see your point) I'll try and find a romaji and kana converter online maybe?

(#10 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

03-15-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokutetsu View Post
I'm sorry, but I also stated in my OP that the computer I'm using doesn't have Japanese scripts on it, and since this isn't my computer I can't install them.

I suppose, though, if it really is so important (which I can see your point) I'll try and find a romaji and kana converter online maybe?
inputking.com