LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-07-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsLost View Post
we see these types of threads all the time MMM. but maybe, just maybe, this guy is a robot that doesn't know japanese. give him a phrase to tattoo on that artificial skin

i know you don't like the idea of someone going through with these wacky tattoo's, but he's asking for help not advice i'd say, let the inking begin!
If he were asking help to build a pipe bomb or a sniper rifle, I don't think I would help, but rather advise.

This is not a good tattoo in Japanese.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

04-07-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post
Tattooing watashi wa on yourself would make everyone in JP mock you
Rather than endlessly mock OP like I am wont to do, I chose to follow BenBullock's suggestion and just provide them a Google translation.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

04-07-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
If he were asking help to build a pipe bomb or a sniper rifle, I don't think I would help, but rather advise.

I think it's not a good tattoo in English, either. It reeks of 12-year-old mallgoth.

I second MMM's suggestion that OP not get this tattoo.
1. If no Japanese person will ever see it, then why even try to get a translation when you can just pick "random, cool looking letters"?
2. If a Japanese person will see it, even a good translation will look silly.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
DanielSheen (Offline)
JF Regular

04-07-2010, 07:01 PM

lmfao!. Replies are the best.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
duo797 (Offline)
異議あり!

Send a message via AIM to duo797
04-07-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGoetz View Post
You really should check this site out: Hanzi Smatter 一知半解

Regardless (taking a page from BenBullock), Google Translate gives this: 私はあなたの中で暮らす************ ****************

************私は1つの場合ではないです**************
To the OP: What google translate gives you for your first line I think would be something you hear from a parasite. It means 'I live inside of you' but it means live in the sense of 'I live (and make a living) in seattle' or something. Also, I'm not sure if this could be taken figuratively, but given the verb, 'inside of you' literally means inside the body, like with organs, blood and whatnot. I'll repeat the sentiment most people hold on this forum. Don't get a tattoo in Japanese, especially if you don't speak the language.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
buggedout (Offline)
New to JF

04-07-2010, 11:38 PM

I think every one that has replyed negatively on this thread is correct to an extent

that is because I have a chinese tattoo but it is my sons name and I had my chinese friend write it out for me

basically unless it has deep meaning to you and its only one word dont get it in japanese the only reason i got mine done is because its my son's name and it looks far prettier in chinese than english and it would probabily look just as good in japanese I just didn't have any japanese friends when i got it done :P

it's not what you receive in life that defines you its what you give
(#17 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
04-08-2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post

it's not a good tattoo, i'm aware. but it's not a deadly weapon to cause mass panic (pipe bomb). sniper rifle... that would be a lot of fun

うんこ漏らした。

my gun is bigger than your gun
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Klint (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-08-2010, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsLost View Post
it's not a good tattoo, i'm aware. but it's not a deadly weapon to cause mass panic (pipe bomb). sniper rifle... that would be a lot of fun
I don't think he's really trying to compare a Japanese tattoo to a weapon, just that like trying to build a pipe bomb, he KNOWS this is a bad idea, so therefore posts telling him not to get the tattoo are more of a warning than advice.

"Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?"
(#19 (permalink))
Old
imelman (Offline)
New to JF

04-08-2010, 06:24 AM

Maybe if I could analyze my thinking things would be clearer.

First of all I want to get a tattoo in Japanese because I like the writing and I am fond of Japan in general.

Besides that I want to do it in Japanese so that no Greek people could understand the meaning of this tattoo. I want my friends and close people to know me better than they do so maybe someday they will understand what the tattoo means.

Third but not least I would never tattooed my self with a meaningless phrase-translation. I know that nobody won't read (understand) this but that does not mean that the tattoo should be a inaccurate meaningless concentration of words.

In conclusion I don't care if someone in Japan would make fun with me, it is a personal tattoo and not a "public reading" one and I just want to find an accurate phrase translation
(#20 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
04-08-2010, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klint View Post
I don't think he's really trying to compare a Japanese tattoo to a weapon, just that like trying to build a pipe bomb, he KNOWS this is a bad idea, so therefore posts telling him not to get the tattoo are more of a warning than advice.
yeah, but i think this kid is really set on having it. asking for tattoo advice is innocent. asking for pipe bomb advice is not so innocent...

the thread starter should make a new one asking to translate the phrase and not mention that it's for a tattoo. 100% he will have more success that way.

うんこ漏らした。

my gun is bigger than your gun