JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Language Help (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/)
-   -   "Jump into life" explanation in Japanese (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/31379-%22jump-into-life%22-explanation-japanese.html)

thecatsproxy 04-08-2010 06:29 AM

"Jump into life" explanation in Japanese

So I have been trying to explain the English saying "jump into life" to a Japanese person but I can't seem to really get the full meaning across. Could someone help me try to explain this saying to them?

When you tell someone to "jump into life" you're telling them not to waste time... to go into life with all the energy and spirit that they can. To make the most out of their life as they possible can. If someone could translate this (and possibly add some more meaning in Japanese) that would be great :D

Thanks!

MMM 04-08-2010 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecatsproxy (Post 807584)
So I have been trying to explain the English saying "jump into life" to a Japanese person but I can't seem to really get the full meaning across. Could someone help me try to explain this saying to them?

When you tell someone to "jump into life" you're telling them not to waste time... to go into life with all the energy and spirit that they can. To make the most out of their life as they possible can. If someone could translate this (and possibly add some more meaning in Japanese) that would be great :D

Thanks!

I have never heard that expression in English and really have no idea what it means.

RickOShay 04-08-2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Thanks!

Maybe explain it like this 充実した生活を送りましょう。Jyujitsu shita seikatsu wo okurimasho.

KyleGoetz 04-08-2010 07:40 AM

Quote:

Thanks!

First, I just want to say that I sure as heck have never heard this "English saying," and I am a native English speaker who is quite well-read.

That being said, 一生懸命に生きる means "to embrace life," so you could say something like 一生懸命に生きてください or 一生懸命に生きろう or 一生懸命に生きて or 一生懸命に生きな or something to that effect. However forceful you want the command/request to be.

Similarly, 現在を楽しめ is a decent translation for "carpe diem" ("seize the day").

Sashimister 04-08-2010 07:41 AM

Quote:

Let the person read this:

傍観者として人生を外側からとのぞくのではなく、人生 の中に飛び込んでいって一瞬一瞬を積極的に生きてほし いという意味の表現です。

robhol 04-08-2010 03:33 PM

Are you sure you don't mean "spring into action" or something of that sort? I have to admit, I haven't really heard the phrase in that sense before.