LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-10-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyee View Post

1.Am not too sure what my partner means by formal version, but I'll stick to nanika hoka ni, which means 'Anything else?' i assume.
1) That's actually pretty direct. Try adding suru: hoka ni nani ka shimashita ka

2) I actually made a mistake here. Massugu is somewhat irregular so massugu itte~/ massugu iku is fine.

3.) Romaji errors aside, yes.

5.) Yes, that's better. In my experience, heya is more commonly used for this. You can drop the 'watashi no' if you like.

6.) depends on who's doing the renting. Lets say, for simplicity, your friend is the one doing the renting out and you're a go-between

Tomodachi GA hito ni heya wo kashite imasu.
You need the ga to show the subject. Hito ni is just there so it's explicit that the room is being rented out, not that the friend is renting the room for himself. Then you just need to add "The rent is 1man".

but as much as you cite laziness or poor language skills, you're still getting ripped off if you're trying to write this sort of grammar and yet you don't know hiragana. Kyle's right. This course your on seems pretty shoddy.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
kamyee (Offline)
New to JF

04-11-2010, 05:56 PM

Thanks for the help and the explanations, its been much appreciated. Luckily I've also got a friend of a friend who is fluent in japanese who is also willing to give me some guidance.

I do know hiragana as we've been taught it. My partner has asked me to send my part back in romanji which is why I asked for it for consistency reasons, also don't have the hiragana on word. Japanese is only worth 10 credits (half a module) of my course and it's not paid for so I wouldn't say am getting ripped off as such.

But again, thanks for your time and help.

x