(#41 (permalink))
Old
delacroix01 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-16-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaegu View Post
大はしゃぎ
It seems I'll need to rephrase my translation for the entire line a little. Does the following one sound okay?

Code:
Having the chance to ride a car, Porfy frolics so much as if he has completely forgotten about Mina's birthday.
By the way, was my last translation for お前の手先が器用なのはわかってるけどなあ in my previous post acceptable?
(#42 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

04-16-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delacroix01 View Post
It seems I'll need to rephrase my translation for the entire line a little. Does the following one sound okay?

Code:
Having the chance to ride a car, Porfy frolics so much as if he has completely forgotten about Mina's birthday.
That is the idea.

Quote:
By the way, was my last translation for お前の手先が器用なのはわかってるけどなあ in my previous post acceptable?
I would say yes although you could have just said "I know you're good with your hands". These intentional changes are nothing unusual in translating a story. After all, you are the one who knows the flow of the story. I only have these almost isolated lines.

Your Japanese proficiency shall be in direct proportion
to your true interest in the Japanese Mind.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
delacroix01 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-16-2011, 11:50 AM

Well, although I know exactly what is going on since I follow the story, I still prefer to hear other people's opinion to improve my own wording. Anyway, thanks again for your great help. I'll probably have nothing to ask in a while.