JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
sushiboy1 (Offline)
New to JF

hiragana typing game? - 07-29-2010, 12:28 AM

i am looking for hiragana and katakana typing games, preferably ones i can download. you know, like the ones where the sharks are coming out or whatever and you need to hurry up and type the words before they get to the end of the screen. stuff like that. i guess if you know of any good flash ones, that would be good too, but i would prefer games i can install on windows. thanks in advance!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

07-29-2010, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushiboy1 View Post
i am looking for hiragana and katakana typing games, preferably ones i can download. you know, like the ones where the sharks are coming out or whatever and you need to hurry up and type the words before they get to the end of the screen. stuff like that. i guess if you know of any good flash ones, that would be good too, but i would prefer games i can install on windows. thanks in advance!
You can run flash games in Windows when not connected to the Internet. Just open a web browser and drag the saved Flash file to your browser window.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
StonerPenguin (Offline)
loves bein' gross ಥ‿à

07-30-2010, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushiboy1 View Post
Smart.fm! They quiz you by having you pick out which one's right and at some point you do type it out (and it is timed)
Master Hiragana (日本語) - Smart.fm
Master Katakana (日本語) - Smart.fm

Also, Japanese Core 2000: Step 1 (日本語) - Smart.fm
If you have it on Natural Japanese mode (which I suggest, even if you can only read in hiragana, you'll learn kanji by exposure) they'll have you type out kanji readings and the Japanese meanings of English words in hiragana and time you.

That's the closest thing I could think of given what you want.

By the way, Read The Kanji | Learn how to read japanese kanji! is pretty fun for practicing kanji readings, though it's not what you want. (Old JLPT 4 is free -- for old JLPT 3 and higher you have to get a subscription. The prices aren't bad though, $6 for 3 months )