JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Language Help (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/)
-   -   Translating several CMs urgent (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/33362-translating-several-cms-urgent.html)

Schokobaellchen 08-14-2010 01:04 AM

Translating several CMs urgent

Hello to all japanese-speakers,

I don't know if this is the correct forum for my concern, but I am not sure where else I should post it.

I am desperately looking for some people who can help me translating several japanese CMs into english because I need to analyse them for my bachelor's thesis. They have to be done by Monday and are approx. about 15-20 CMs of 15-30 seconds each.

Is there someone out there who is willing to help me, please? I would really, really appreciate it!:rheart:

Thanks so much for reading.
Big Hugs

Schokobaellchen

MMM 08-14-2010 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schokobaellchen (Post 824109)
Hello to all japanese-speakers,

I don't know if this is the correct forum for my concern, but I am not sure where else I should post it.

I am desperately looking for some people who can help me translating several japanese CMs into english because I need to analyse them for my bachelor's thesis. They have to be done by Monday and are approx. about 15-20 CMs of 15-30 seconds each.

Is there someone out there who is willing to help me, please? I would really, really appreciate it!:rheart:

Thanks so much for reading.
Big Hugs

Schokobaellchen

Your best bet is to post the links here and maybe a few people will be kind enough to help.

Schokobaellchen 08-14-2010 01:35 AM

I thougt it would be too bold to post all the links in here...XD Is that really alright with the rules? I don't want to be banned...^^"

Sashimister 08-14-2010 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schokobaellchen (Post 824113)
I thougt it would be too bold to post all the links in here...XD Is that really alright with the rules? I don't want to be banned...^^"

Thing is we have enough members here who pretend to know Japanese. If they PM you saying they could do it, you're screwd. By all means, do it in public where everyone can see it.

MMM 08-14-2010 01:57 AM

Exactly. Go ahead and post them. That's the only way you can be sure you are getting anything accurate (though with your tight schedule, no guarantees all will be translated in 48 hours).

StonerPenguin 08-14-2010 03:10 AM

Bachelor's thesis on Japanese commercials? After you're done and the deadline pressure is off I'd like to know what's behind that lol :D

Schokobaellchen 08-14-2010 07:53 AM

The bachelor's thesis actually deals with the differences in using endorsements in the German and Japanese TV-commercials. ^^ I thought it's a quite intesting thing to analyse it, but now I realize, that you shouldn't choose such a topic if you don't know the language very well...XD
Well, I guess I still have to give it a try. >.< Please help me, guys!

YouTube - Yuko Takeuchi CM .
YouTube - Sapporo Beer Commercial - Takeshi Kaneshiro
YouTube - (深田恭子) Fukada Kyoko in 2009.03 MENARD FACIAL SALON 「キレイが増える篇」 CM30s
YouTube - 桃井かおり : P&G SK-II
YouTube - 麻生久美子
YouTube - 小雪さん Koyuki Kato SKII Foundation CM (Sept 2009)
YouTube - Kao 15sec chisato moritaka (09,06)
YouTube - Leah Dizon - Kao Essential
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
YouTube - Pocky Commercial #2 仲間由紀惠 Yukie Nakama
YouTube - (水川あさみ)Mizukawa Asami in 2009 Meiji Almond & Macadamia CM 30s
YouTube - Takuya Kimura(木村拓哉) : MEIJI XYLISH
YouTube - Inoue Mao - Meiji gummi commercial (CM) (HD)
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
YouTube - Mitsuya Cider with Aragaki Yui CM2 - www.publicidadjapon.com
YouTube - [CM] Koike Teppei - KIRIN Lemon [2009.04.17]
YouTube - 嵐 【HIT/BATTING編】 キリングリーンラベル CM
YouTube - CM 2009 kirin nanako 2
YouTube - お口の恋人 ロッテ ガム Fit's CM。

Sashimister 08-14-2010 08:09 AM

Can you edit and number those so we can talk about them with ease if we need to later on?

Schokobaellchen 08-14-2010 08:16 AM

I'm sorry, here's the edited list. ^^ I am also willing to pay something for the translations. Please help me out!

1. YouTube - Yuko Takeuchi CM .
2. YouTube - Sapporo Beer Commercial - Takeshi Kaneshiro
3. YouTube - (深田恭子) Fukada Kyoko in 2009.03 MENARD FACIAL SALON 「キレイが増える篇」 CM30s
4. YouTube - 桃井かおり : P&G SK-II
5. YouTube - 麻生久美子
6. YouTube - 小雪さん Koyuki Kato SKII Foundation CM (Sept 2009)
7. YouTube - Kao 15sec chisato moritaka (09,06)
8. YouTube - Leah Dizon - Kao Essential
9. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
10. YouTube - Pocky Commercial #2 仲間由紀惠 Yukie Nakama
11. YouTube - (水川あさみ)Mizukawa Asami in 2009 Meiji Almond & Macadamia CM 30s
12. YouTube - Takuya Kimura(木村拓哉) : MEIJI XYLISH
13. YouTube - Inoue Mao - Meiji gummi commercial (CM) (HD)
14. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
15. YouTube - Mitsuya Cider with Aragaki Yui CM2 - www.publicidadjapon.com
16. YouTube - [CM] Koike Teppei - KIRIN Lemon [2009.04.17]
17. YouTube - 嵐 【HIT/BATTING編】 キリングリーンラベル CM
18. YouTube - CM 2009 kirin nanako 2
19. YouTube - お口の恋人 ロッテ ガム Fit's CM。

MMM 08-14-2010 08:32 AM

I am not sure what you mean by "using endorsements in commercials". A commercial is an endorsement of a product. Are you talking about having famous people in commercials?

Schokobaellchen 08-14-2010 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 824207)
I am not sure what you mean by "using endorsements in commercials". A commercial is an endorsement of a product. Are you talking about having famous people in commercials?

Uhm, what I mean are celebrities used in commercials...

Sashimister 08-14-2010 08:36 AM

(on the screen it says:)
Living with Water
Suntory

Delivery Man: Ah!
Woman: Ah! If I were to be given a summer gift, to be frank, I'd rather be given the Premium Beer than the regular beer.
Another man's voice: For the summer gift, Suntory, the Premium Malts
Woman: Ah!
Delivery Man: Excuse me but may I have your stamp?
Woman: Oops!

1. We use name stamps when you would use signatures. When we get a delivery, we stamp a slip.

2. In Japan, there are two HUGE gift-giving seasons: mid-summer and year-end. Beer is one of the most common gifts for the summer.

(I will do as many as I can tonight (Japan Time). My goal is to do at least half of them.)

Sashimister 08-14-2010 08:37 AM

You want an explanation of who the celebs are?

Sashimister 08-14-2010 08:45 AM

The coldness

Changes the smoothness

Man: Ahhh!

Voice: This is Sapporo. Just out!

Man: Awesome!

Schokobaellchen 08-14-2010 08:54 AM

OMG, I LOVE YOU for this! XDDD And I am definitely paying you for this. Do you think that you can do all of them by monday? Because then, I would rely on you only since I received a lot of harsh comments on my request... *sigh*

About the celebs: I can find enough information about almost all of them. Thanks for the offer.
The only ones, that I would need help with, are the two in the 19. CM. One is Takeru Satoh and the other some Nozomi, but I can't find out who she actually is...

Sashimister 08-14-2010 09:01 AM

Woman's voice: Menard

Woman: Hello!

Clerk: Welcome!

Woman's voice: I just love this place! The twice-a-month skin care at the salon. Feels so good. You become more beautiful everytime you visit here.

Woman: Twice a month for me.

Woman's voice: Menard Facial Salon.
________

I will try to do all unless someone wants to join. Don't worry about paying me. All I ask, if anything, is that you write a good piece.

Sashimister 08-14-2010 09:17 AM

Woman: To live sometimes requires so much energy. And so does my skin. Yes, Skin Signature. You can see it, touch it and feel it. It's as though the suppleness gushes out from deep inside.

Another (maybe same) woman's voice: When the overflowing power changes how beautiful you are. Skin Signature. SK-II

MMM 08-14-2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schokobaellchen (Post 824214)
I would rely on you only since I received a lot of harsh comments on my request... *sigh*

Harsh comments?!? Dude, pipe down and be happy that Sashimaster is giving you the time of day. This is a gift that is not blessed on all requesters.

Schokobaellchen 08-14-2010 09:32 AM

Can you tell me something about yourself? Since I have to list you as the translator, I kinda have to prove some reliability to my professors.
Are you japanese? If not, for how long have you studied japanese? I have seen that you translated quite a lot in this forum. Is that some kind of hobby for you?
Of course, we can also talk about this via PM, if you don't want the public to know... ;)

Sashimister 08-14-2010 09:34 AM

(In the bubble) "Like face lotion."

Woman: Wow, it's just like face lotion!

(Writing on bottom right)
Moisture Components:
hyaluronic acid
amino acid
collagen

Man's Voice: Splash light and easy. It's a sun screen that's just like water.

Singing voice: Skin Aqua

Woman: The refills now available

MMM 08-14-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schokobaellchen (Post 824221)
Can you tell me something about yourself? Since I have to list you as the translator, I kinda have to prove some reliability to my professors.
Are you japanese? If not, for how long have you studied japanese? I have seen that you translated quite a lot in this forum. Is that some kind of hobby for you?
Of course, we can also talk about this via PM, if you don't want the public to know... ;)

SashiMaster is a native Japanese living in Tokyo. He is also clearly fluent in English.

Schokobaellchen 08-14-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 824219)
Harsh comments?!? Dude, pipe down and be happy that Sashimaster is giving you the time of day. This is a gift that is not blessed on all requesters.

O.O Noooo, you misunderstood me! I am really happy and really appreciate his help and work!! What I mean is that I have started the same request in several other forums and there, I have only received harsh comments and such.

Sashimister 08-14-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schokobaellchen (Post 824221)

Are you talking to me here? I'm a native Japanese speaker. I'm not a translator by profession but I have done tons of translation in my previous jobs in the last 20+ years. Most of my translation work has been related to U.S. and Japan's Higher Education, followed by precision machines. If you need to know anything more personal than what I've just said, PM me.

Schokobaellchen 08-14-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sashimister (Post 824227)
Are you talking to me here? I'm a native Japanese speaker. I'm not a translator by profession but I have done tons of translation in my previous jobs in the last 20+ years. Most of my translation work has been related to U.S. and Japan's Higher Education, followed by precision machines. If you need to know anything more personal than what I've just said, PM me.

Oh, I'm sorry for not adressing you correctly. I will PM you. :)

Sashimister 08-14-2010 10:10 AM

Woman: The kind of skin that you could have only wished you owned, you can finally obtain. Your skin will turn smooth and glowing. This has gone beyond your idea of what foundations should be like. SK-II Skin Signture Foundation.

Sashimister 08-14-2010 11:45 AM

Man's voice: Though it's light in color, it even colors your grey hair.

Woman: Oh, hey! Hey!

Man's voice: Blaune Shining covers your grey hair thoroughly. It will be colored light and beautiful.

Woman: Go light. Your hair color and spirits!

Man's voice: New colors for Blaune Shining!

Sashimister 08-14-2010 12:36 PM

Some People: Leah Dizon uses Essential for her har care, too.

Dizon: I want a hair style that's in fashion..

Man: Well, then, look!

Girls: Curl it up softly!

Dizon: I wanna try that!

Big Girl on left: So do I!

Everyone: Curl it up softly!

Guy to Big Girl: You look more like a big sushi roll.

Guy: The reason you can enjoy that fashionable hairstyle is that you take extra care of the 15-centimeter tips. High-purity honey and protein.

Girls: Essential Damage-Care!

Guy: Treat the 15-centimeter tips properly and you can create the "kawaii"!

Dizon: It's true!

Three girls: Visit our website for more information!

Sashimister 08-14-2010 12:46 PM

Man: Uh... I'm dozing off.

Man's Voice (Former pro-wrestler Antonio Inoki): Are you awake with Ice Burst?

Another man's voice: The moment you chew it.....

Man: Good morning!

Another man's voice: Ice Burst. The New flavor's out!

Sashimister 08-14-2010 01:49 PM

Woman: Oops.

Woman: Pocky for you and I! Pocky for you and I!

Sashimister 08-14-2010 02:04 PM

Man: They say these are the best-seller. They say everything is a best-seller these days, dontcha think?

Woman: Certainly do.

Man: They say these are so crunchy and savory. Wow!!

Woman: Don't exaggerate. Wooh!!

Both: Wow! Wooh!!

Woman: It says these macadamia nuts have been carefuly roasted...

Man: Who knows?

Woman: Says "Crunchy and savory." *bites* Woooo!!

Man; What kinda reaction is that? *bites* Wooo!!!!

Voice: Number one sellers. Meiji Almonds and Macadamias.

Sashimister 08-14-2010 02:14 PM

Kimura: Pants? Again this year?

Kimura: You scared me. What? No, wait! No, please!

Nah, nah, I don't want that.

Other guy: Take it quickly. I'm giving it to you.

Voice: Giving away Cool Pants this year, too. Xylish.

The company is giving away those loud pants in a sweepstake.

Schokobaellchen 08-14-2010 02:22 PM

You did more than half of them already! (^_^)/
Don't you want to go sleeping? It's almost midnight in Japan, right?

Sashimister 08-14-2010 02:23 PM

Voice: The train will arrive shortly on Track #2.....

Man: Uh...

Girl: Yes?

Man: Whoaaaaa? This can't be happening.

Voice: Impossibley juuuuuicy. Meiji Juice Gummi.

Man: Eating fruit at a place like this?

Girl: No. These are gummis!

Sashimister 08-14-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schokobaellchen (Post 824259)
You did more than half of them already! (^_^)/
Don't you want to go sleeping? It's almost midnight in Japan, right?

Yeah, but it's weekend. I'm alright.

Sashimister 08-14-2010 02:34 PM

Woman: Please.

Woman: Excuse me, I've told your son many times that you were here. (But he isn't coming).

Old Man: No big deal. Today I came here to see the baby.

Voice: Where there's a heart, there's tea. The tea made by Fukujuen of Kyoto, 'Iemon'.

Old Man: The spring has come.

Sashimister 08-14-2010 02:41 PM

Girl: Ossu. This is Aragaki. I'm gonna squeeze.

Gyuuu gyuuu (onomatopoeia for squeezing)

Ah! New and improved! The Lemon Squeeze Mitsuya Cider!

Sashimister 08-14-2010 02:49 PM

Singing: Your home and my home, too. In the fridge, there's Kirin Lemon. It's made with natural mineral water, which makes our Moms happy.

Koike: New! We are doing a present-give-away campaign.

Sashimister 08-14-2010 02:58 PM

Guy 1: Shall we?

Guy 2: Oh yeah. Glucide reduced 70% and it tastes this good!

Three guys: It's a major, clean hit. Tanrei Green Label!
_______

"Tanrei" means "light".

StonerPenguin 08-14-2010 02:59 PM

Yeah I agree with MMM; when I read the "I would rely on you only since I received a lot of harsh comments on my request... *sigh*" comment, I too thought you were saying MMM and I were rude to you D: I thought "I was just curious! I didn't think asking about it was rude..." Haha, no biggie though, it just looked really mean at first.

By the way, Sashimister has done fantastic work for you!! SM, you're the tits man! :D

Sashimister 08-14-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StonerPenguin (Post 824266)
By the way, Sashimister has done fantastic work for you!! SM, you're the tits man! :D

Yeah, I like big boobs. Whoa??:eek: